Chapter Four

The loud, bustling sounds of the village outside caused Sol to wake in a heat of daze

The loud, bustling sounds of the village outside caused Sol to wake in a heat of daze. He had forgotten when sleep dawned upon him, or how much sleep he had gotten since the prior night. When he opened his eyes, he was greeted with the tent he resided in. Sol briefly remembered that the villagers had been kind enough to let him sleep in his own hut.

     It felt homely. Woven, decorative fabric on tapestries clung from the walls of the hut. There wasn't much else besides it found use for supplies of the villagers, and a small wooden bucket to collect water and food sat atop a handcrafted chair to the far right. He turned to his side, where the duvets were disarrayed.

     "Sol, are you awake?" A male's gravelly voice called, as he swung his way into the tent.

    Sol hastily got away from the bed, and yanked his tunic from the chair, "I-uh, yeah...I'm ready," he replied swiftly, shoving it over his head.

     "Well, good morning to you too. I'm Arhaan, in case you didn't know."

     Sol spun around, his gold-flecked eyes almost instantly meeting a pair of russet ones. The warmth the rich-brown glow of the man's face emanated reminded Sol of dawn. The comfort that flooded the air from his presence pulled Sol curiously close, like something he had never felt before.

     "Arhaan, I—"

     "Oh, wait. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to intrude. I'd assumed you be ready by now, it's noon."

     Sol suddenly felt at unease. Reminded that the brute that tainted his village in flames was still roaming grounds with whatever it pleased. Soon, it's hot caked mouth of lava would pour its way through the winters trees, and disrupt it too, until the entirety of Nelua was no more.

     "It's just that I am supposed to show you around." Arhaan backed towards the entrance of the hut slowly.

     "No, wait!" Sol's eyes gazed over Arhaan's once again. "I'm coming with you, please," he insisted.

     Arhaan chuckled, and pivoted on his heel. He walked outside of the tent.

     Sol's cheeks flushed scarlet, and lumbered behind. He was greeted with the surrounding trees, whistling with the cold wind. This weather was unlike anything Sol had experienced before. He missed the sun. Although the village radiated a placid, amicable aura that rose naturally from its surface, the birds still chirped sweet, familiar melodies.

     "It's cold today, isn't it," Arhaan said as they winded through the village.

     Sol had realized his cheeks still budded warmth and turned away, diverting his attention over to the gates him and Morrigan walked through just yesterday when they had found this strange village. "What is this place?"