Volume 1 - Chapter 14: Goodbye Town Of Murasaka

I arrived at the entrance of the Fairy Tooth inn. From outside I can faintly hear the sound of music, primarily flutes and bagpipes. Is there a party inside?

Well, I should find out for myself.

I opened the inn's door and the music became louder than earlier. From inside, everyone was as always drinking and eating. There was one enthusiastic bald adventurer that seem to come here often and likes to drink alot but he looks like a nice guy so I approached him.

「Hey, what's with the racket?」

「Ah? Music is good to the ears, isn't it? It also helps the barmaids do their job better.」

Hoh? Yeah I do agree to that, I also tend to do a better job at something while following a song's rhythm. I smiled to the bald adventurer.

「Yeah, it is.」

This music, this place, these people. This really is another world that I've always wanted to be part of. I can't be more thankful than being sent here even if it would only last for a while.

「Your drinks are all on me!」

I was so happy I ended up treating everyone. From afar, I could see Hain helping out with handing over the food and drinks. I guess this is what she's been up to while I was gone.

「Woah, really? Thanks man!」

「Awesome!」

「OOOHH!」

The people present at the inn showered me with gratitude and I ended up being lifted and passed among the crowds of merchants and adventurers. From how high up I was, I caught sight of the adventurers that I saved earlier and it seems like they also saw me since they waved at my direction.

「Yo! We're here sir Fern!」

The chef came out of the kitchen and asked for help on carrying the barrels of alchohol that I paid for. He had a huge smile on his face as much as everyone else right now was lively.

「Alright lads! Give me a hand on lifting these 10 barrels of wine and beer!」

「I'll help!」

「Me too!」

「I'll help too!」

The bald adventurer I was talking to earlier helped with carrying the barrels and brought two at once. This made the procedure faster. As much to my surprise, many came to help, even some weak-looking merchants. Although they were the ones that were carried instead by the adventurers along with the barrels they were holding.

「Hey guys, put me down please! I want to drink too!」

As I was starting to get embarrassed, I asked to be released. The people put me down and they resumed the celebration among themselves while gulping down goblets of beer or wine or simply gobbling up the delicious food this inn had to offer.

I seated myself at the corner of the room and ate some kind of pudding. It tasted sweet like jelly and jams, though I wasn't really into it. So I drank some beer instead with kikoudo kebabs. Chickens in this world were called kikodou, and even though I call them that, they're all colored red and had troublesome skills like slowing down the enemy.