Ch 12: Two Can Play That Game

ROXYS POV

I start laughing as I feel the wind in my hair.

I'm finally free.

After 13 years of education, Im free.

Except, obviously, college.  But don't ruin my dreams.

Let me have this moment.

When I get home, I sit for a few minutes, idling. Soaking up my happiness and pleasure before I have to be stressed.

After a few minutes, I reluctantly get off and go inside. I do upstairs to Clarke's room.  Her graduation was Monday, so she has been here all day. I go in her room and close the door.

"Clarke."  I say.

"Yeah?" She asks.

"I have to talk to you about how this is going to work. I'm going to fight and get my final pay from Marcus. When I get back, I need you to be packed. Em should be here shortly after get back, then we all head over to the train station and leave. Got it?" I ask. She nods, but looks away uncomfortably.

"What's wrong? Are you scared?" I ask

She nods her head, but also whispers, "Rachel's not coming. She says she can't leave her sister behind."

"Oh God Clarke, I'm really sorry" my heart breaks for her. She won't have anyone now.

She pushes me away, but still forces a smile. "Its okay. Lets just get out of here"

I nod, and hug her.

"I love you, Clarke" I whisper in her ear.

"I know" she whispers back.

I smirk and walk out of her room, and into mine.

I grab my duffel and start stuffing in my cloths.  I throw in a bottle of shampoo and conditioner, and other necessities.

I then grab my purple backpack.

Under my bed, there is a loose board. I pull that up to reveal all of the money I have saved up for almost 5 years. Over 60,000 American dollars.  I put it in my backpack--now, other than Clarke, the thing I will guard with my life. I grab a jar of InstaHeal and gauze.  I select a plain black wallet and put about $500 in there. I stuff my phone charger, my special envelope entitled 'when she needs it' and my tape--save for the purple one white Bo$$ one I'm using tonight. I lay out my clothes for when I get back.

The clocks says 5:28, which means I have to get going. The fight is at 6:30.

I put on my usual fighting clothes, and run out the door, with a quick goodbye to Clarke.

Before I hop on my bike, however, my butt buzzes.

Its a text from Kyle.

From: Unknown Number.
Friday, 5:31 p.m.
Hey, I think I'll be at ur fite 2day.

I save his contact, and respond.

To: Kyle
Friday, 5:32 p.m.
I'll be there, fighting.

From: Kyle
Friday, 5:32 p.m.
I'll be there, watching.

I roll my eyes and put my phone in my bag. I rev my bike and speed away.

~*~

"In this corner, we have Sarah, the 6 year fighter, 20 years old. And in this corner, we have Spotty Roxy, 17 year old, 4 year old fighter. Tonight is her last fight, so this is the night to go big bucks on her side--or against her. But I personally recommend the first option." Marcus says, and he winks at me.