Ch 32: Maybe She Likes Briefs?

A/n: Thanks so much to @regret- for the wonderful cover, I love it! She makes great covers, I highly suggest y'all check her out! Thanks!

"Can't you just put a shit ton of InstaHeal on it?" I whine and the nurse gasps at my language. I don't even care anymore.

"That will help, but it's a nasty one. If you're consistent, it should heal in about two days. But those days will be quite horrific, darling" she says, still appalled. The nurse dabs the blue goop on my nose and puts a white gauze strip on. She pats my head--who does that?-- and all but shoves me out the door.

"Someone doesn't like her job" Zander mutters.

"I think it's more of she doesn't like boxers" I giggles, putting my hand over my mouth to try and stop.

"Maybe she likes briefs" Zander waggles his eyebrows. I groan at his really bad pun.

"Please don't ever do that again" I groan-laugh.

"Why? Having a hard time imagining Miss goody two shoes Nurse over there ever preferring some young, handsome guys' briefs, her slowly--" I slapped my hand over his mouth.

"Enough, you sick bastard!" I laughed, my face scrunching and my nose shooting pain through my skull. He licked my hand.

"Ew! What is it with guys and licking?!" I groan, wiping my hand off.

"It feels intimate" he wiggles his eyebrows.

"Well, good luck getting intimate with this prude" I stick my tongue out.

"Don't worry, I'll keep trying" he winks.

We fell into a sort of awkward silence, neither of us knowing what to say.

"Uh, I guess ill--"I start.

"So do you wanna--"he says at the same time.

"Oh, you--"

"Sorry, go ahead--"

"You should--"

"Ugh, just--"

We laugh, but it feels kinda forced. We're such a mess.

No, scratch that--I'm a mess.

"I'm going to go" I jab my thumb towards my car.

"I'll do the same" he breaths a laugh and his lips quirk up.

"Uh, I, uh, bye then" I do a short wave and smile.

"Uh, bye" he blushes and turns on his heel. I fast walk towards my car. What the hell was that? What even was that awkwardness?

Irritated, I yank open the car door to find an empty cab. Realizations crashes into me with waves.

Do I stay here and wait, risking looking like a desperate idiot, but also be the bigger person? Or do I run like a coward and a fool, but look like I don't care about him?

And like the wimp I am, I turn the key and speed off towards my apartment.

~*~

"Let's go somewhere" I say, barging my way into the room, throwing my school bag on the ground. Clarke looks at me wide eyed with a spoon of peanut butter halfway to her mouth. I grab the spoon and shove it into my mouth before she can protest. "Kayla has band if I'm correct, and I don't care about Kyle so shut up and grab your ID, we're leaving" I say and turn towards the bathroom.

"But I didn't say anything!" She exclaims.

"You just did!" I yell back and slam the door.

Two minutes later, Clarke and I are walking down the stairs with our jackets and wallets.