3. Tupelo Honey

Club Vibrazioni was the place to be in downtown Florence that summer.

It was one of Tuscany's most exclusive, high-end night clubs and it was typically difficult to even get in; but being associated with the Lombardi's had its perks. Vibrazioni was one of Gio's most dedicated buyers of their fine wines, which meant that Marco and I were able to bypass the long line of hopeful club goers that Friday night.

The club was structured on four different levels. The first level consisted of a charming outdoor terrace characterized by a massive, white stone bar area with color changing LED lights and an elegant bamboo wall. The packed, high energy dance floor lived on the second tier with its signature giant crystal pyramid fountain, minimalist color scheme of a bright, snow white and relaxing violet, cerulean and green lighting.

Up the stairs from the dance floor there was a more intimate setting with rich mahogany floors and walls, a myriad of exotic plants, ethnic sofas and chairs, where many of the guests ordered hookah to smoke. The elite VIP area was located on the final level of the club, which was only reserved for those who were salient enough to obtain access.

Before getting ready earlier that night I had asked Zayn to come out with us, but he wouldn't budge. I silently cursed out Nick in my mind and blamed him for putting the idea in my head that there was some chance that he could possibly be into me if I just tried to flirt with him, but I still couldn't bring myself to do it, not with intent. If Zayn liked me or was even the slightest bit curious, then he would have been more interested in coming along that night, right?

But I was convinced he wasn't.

I was standing at the terrace bar in a pair of tight black jeans and a white button-down shirt with my chelsea boots on. My mess of brown curls was swept back on top, doing my best to look presentable enough to be seen at a place like Vibrazioni while Marco leaned into me and started undoing the top four buttons of my shirt; just how he always wore his.

I gave him a look. "What are you doing?"

"Helping you. Show a little chest, the women like it," he explained in his thick, Italian accent, grinning as he adjusted the clasp of my gold cross necklace dangling from my neck.

So I just took his word for it and left it like that. I leaned forward onto the bar, drumming my fingers idly on the countertop as I scanned the racks of liquor bottles, trying to determine what I was going to order to drink.

"The Godfather," Marco announced to the bartender. "Due per favore."

"What's The Godfather?" I asked.

"Scotch whiskey and amaretto, their signature drink. You'll love it trust me, é perfetto."

Turns out he was right and I was already working on my second one in no time. My green eyes kept scanning the terrace as I leaned against the bar top, just taking it all in and noticing just how attractive everyone around me was. There was a dress code that permitted sportswear or any sort of casual attire, so everyone was dressed to the nines and all the girls I saw were gorgeous...and so were the men.

So there was plenty of eye candy.

Marco downed the second drink faster than the first one and was already on his third when he turned to me and draped an arm lazily around my shoulder, drawing me in as he spoke. "So Harry do you have a girlfriend back home?"

"I don't. I'm, uh, not really the relationship type of guy you could say," I answered.

Marco chuckled and took another sip of his scotch. "Ah smart man, me neither. Well...I used to be. I dated my ex girlfriend for five years but I learned that she's a cold hearted bitch, dumped me for her yoga instructor."