二日

One Last Time: Chapter 2

Tried

****

Nanami opened his phone and was surprised how it was bombarded with your name in every notification he recieved.

12 missed calls

10 unread messages

By these, he instantly knew that he messed things up. He could feel a strong beat of his heart, feeling nervous about what's going to happen next.

He thought, "(Y/n) must be worried about me."

Nanami called your phone, but to no avail.

He just finished a fight with a bothersome cursed spirit named Mahito. Your boyfriend got a wound on his lower right abdomen as a result.

Nanami didn't tell you about it because he knew you will be extra worried for him. The last thing he would do is to make you cry or worry. He didn't want to see the look of sadness and anxiousness in your pretty face.

While on the other hand, you weren't able to answer his call because you're busy cooking for your own dinner. You figured that your lover won't be home again for this day.

Although your patience is starting to lose, you still chose to understand. Afterall, he loves you and will never hurt you intentionally.

After having a lonely dinner by yourself, you washed the dishes and cleaned the table before checking your phone.

Nanami's name was shown in a notification you got, indicating that you had missed a call from your lover.

You mentally slapped yourself as you hurriedly called him back. Heavens seemed to hear your plea when he answered right away.

"(Y/n)? How are you, my love? I'm sorry I wasn't able to answer all of your missed calls and texts. I have gotten busy these days, I hope I didn't make you feel sad," your boyfriend, Nanami, welcomed your call with that. It made you tear up at his explanation.

You were grateful that he isn't the type of guy who snaps out at someone because of the tons of calls and messages you sent him. He didn't see you as a clingy person, but even if you are, he will still love you.

"Hush, (preferred endearment). I am not sad, okay? I was just worried. I'm glad you're safe," you mentally sighed in relief.

Afterall, this is only what you wanted; to hear his voice even just for a second.

You both talked for a seemingly long time. Nanami shared what had happened during those past few weeks of being missing-in-action, and you also shared what you had done during those days.

He told you about his fight with a cursed spirit and you were amazed about him being a powerful sorcerer. Even though you already knew about it, an image of him beating a cursed spirit amazes you.

'Damn, what a hottie.'

It's like you dated a 3-in-1 person; a lover, a best friend, and a guardian.

Yes, you considered him as a guardian or a protector. He is powerful enough to protect you. Nanami shielded you and will continue to protect you from whatever danger that comes around.

Or so you thought.

Because during the day you were kidnapped, he wasn't able to protect you.

****

A/N: I'm currently editing this story T^T Sorry again for some minor changes.