(A/N: if I get some medical facts wrong I'm sorry, I'm tweaking some medical facts to make the story more interesting so please don't hate me)

"b-baby I-I c-can't f-f-feel m-my l-l-legs," my boyfriend Paul said looking at me with panic in his eyes "Paul darling, your... um... paralyzed," I said not wanting to say it. "h-how? I-I c-c-could f-f-feel th-them la-last n-night" he cried "I'm so so sorry doll... last night when you were in surgery the doctors came out and told me that they could snap one of your spinal cords and you would be paralyzed or they could amputate both legs and that I had to decide... I freaked out and chose the first option" I explained whipping the tears from Pauls eyes "th-thank y-you j-john, b-but w-what a-about m-my st-stut-stutter?" Paul asked "they said a few months of speech therapy should get it to calm down a bit but it probably won't go away" I answered. 

Paul still looked nervous upset and absolutely petrified but ultimately calmer. "I'm sorry Paul... did I make the wrong decision?" I asked "o-of c-course n-not, y-you m-made th-the de-decision y-you th-thought w-was b-best," he said smiling sadly. it honestly broke my heart. he is the sweetest person ever and he didn't deserve to end up like that. he gave away his whole medical career just so he could be with me.

"wh-when d-do I-I g-get t-to s-see ph-phil-ippa?" he asked, "I asked that and the doctor said that I'm not allowed to bring her in," I said tearfully "so when you come home" I added, "h-how l-long a-a-am I g-going t-t-to b-be in h-here then?" he asked "3 weeks at the very most, I think it's not enough because of how they snapped the spinal cord" I sighed. I knew he missed our daughter and it hurt me that we had to leave her with our friends George and Ringo, but what else were we to do.