though I didn't want to, Paul insisted on me going home that night and spending a little time with Philippa since it was Christmas eve. on the way home I picked up Philippa and soon I was sitting on the couch with Philippa in my arms. she looked so much like Paul, it was breaking my heart. 

"I love you Philly and so does Papa, but Papa will be away for a while, he's going to be back though," I said to my daughter. she was still quite small for an infant her age but we weren't too concerned with it. 

I had put Philippa to bed about an hour before when there was a knock at the door. I got up and went to the door. I looked through the peephole and saw Mr Epstein, Pauls math teacher standing there with a Tupperware dish, I opened the door and he smiled kindly at me 

"Hello Mr Epstein, what can I do for you?" I asked letting him inside "your Aunt told me that you and Paul were in a severe car accident last night so I made you a chicken pot pie, and there are somethings for you, Paul and, Philippa in my car," he said. "you remember Philippa's name, most people call her Phyllis" I half-laughed "well on the back of his last exam he wrote 'John, Philippa and me' 50 times" he smirked. 

Mr Epstein made a couple of trips too and from his car, and when I asked if I could help he shut me down. I couldn't believe it, It was truly a Christmas miracle. but then on the last trip in he only had an envelope in his hand. he handed it to me and said "open this with Paul when you see him next". "thank you so so much Mr Epstein you have no idea what this means to me, Paul and Philippa" I said. he just smiled and nodded. 

"if you don't mind me asking what happened, Mimi told me that Paul is paralyzed from the waist down and now stutters," Mr Epstein said "well last night we were at a Christmas party and we both got pretty drunk... Paul was drunker than me and was driving, so he ran into a light post, we both sobered up pretty quick and when they took us to the hospital, I was fine... but they had to rush Paul into emergency surgery... a few hours later they came out and told me that they could either amputate both of Paul's legs or snap one of his spinal cords... I panicked and told them to snap one of his spinal cords" I explained tearfully. "I Just don't know what to do, I want to cry, punch someone I don't know," I said more tears flowing from my eyes.