Present

Andrew Sullivan's pov:

I was in the guard office when i heard it. The radio is on at all times, to search for people who maybe needed rescuing. It was in the middle of the night and i was the only one on duty. At first it was just a lot of buzzing and i couldn't hear what the person was saying. But after changing the channel i could hear the person clear as glass. "We are a group of people trapped in a apartment building, we are low on food and water. We cant get out because of the zombies outside. Please can anyone hear us?!" The voice sounded really desperate and it was a boy speaking.

"This is guard 05, we have a message coming in about people in need of rescuing, can anyone hear me?" I said over the camp radio.

"Roger that, this is guard 07, what is the message about?" It was Ethan Emmersson.

"They are running low on water and food, and cant get more because of the z outside" I said. 

"This is Y/N annesley, you have my permission to take a couple of guards with you saving those people, respond to the message and tell them the help is coming" Her voice was determined and stable. It sounded honestly hot. But he had to be focused now.

"Roger that, may we take the helicopter?" Ethan said over the camp radio.

"Yes but don't waste on the fuel" y/n said. "And please be careful, i wouldn't like losing you both"

"Roger that" i said smiling. This was going to be fun, i thought to myself.

Liam Parker pov:

It was cold and quiet. I tried cheering up the other guys, but when you are near death you don't have the desire to laugh. And everybody was a little uncomfortable with the guy with wounds in his face. We tried helping him but he said that it reminded him of his bleeding soul? Really weird guy.

"Do you think anyone will save us?" We all sat close to get warm of each others body temperature and all the lights were of to not attract any zombies. As if there were any electricity. No one replied to Blake Marshall's question, because we all thought the same thing. We just sat there listening to each other breathing and to some zombies that let randomly out screams.

"Should we speak through the radio again, they maybe just got stuck somewhere?" Aaliyah Jones suggested.

"What is the point? If they are going to save us, it would take them many days to even get here. And they need many bullets to save us from the fucking zombie swarm outside" Indigo ash said coldly. "And we are just wasting the radios batteries and getting our hopes up"

"BUT ITS BETTER THAN SITTING HERE AN WAITING TO DIE!" Evan Mason suddenly said. We all got were shocked. He hadn't said a word since we said the food is almost gone. And because loud noises attracted zombies...

We heard loud thuds and multiple running feet. We all got down on the ground and i caught a glimpse of Evan looking remorseful. We all were on the ground except Mattheo Campbell who looked like a child on Christmas morning. When the running feet reached their destination, they started banging and pounding on the door. The door wasn't of the kind that would resist all those banging hands and a crack emerged on the door. We all were going to die.

A loud sound caught everybody's attention. It was helicopter blades. They all looked at each other to see if they just were hallucinating or that they actually were getting rescued.

All of a sudden we hear the sound of the helicopter stop and the next thing we hear is shooting. A lot of shooting. When the shooting dies out, there are around three or four pair of boots. The boots are coming near the door and stop outside. I slowly get up, while the other are still laying on the floor. "No, don't!" Indigo tells me. I come near the door and as I'm about to open it, it bursts open.