The Escape

Pain.

All he could feel was the pain.

Everywhere.

He woke up, chained to a wall. They couldn't afford to lose him, so the tortures were increased. His magic restrained. He had some time before they came with new ways to exhaust him. Just enough to try to escape.

During the last month, he was thinking, observing, taking in every detail and information he could come across. Of course, he wanted to break free before the invasion, to warn someone of what's to come, but also couldn't rush the plan.

Now was the perfect time to do it. The portal had been open not so long ago, his ticket to freedom. The Chitauri warriors that were left behind weren't the best of fighters. He wasn't in peak condition, and they took it to their advantage, but if there was one thing Loki was good at, it was deception.

Loki summoned his magic. It took a lot of effort with the drug still in his system, but he warmed his body to a high temperature. The chains almost started melting. They were soft enough for the sorcerer to break them now. With one swift movement, Loki tore the chains off.

Now, the energy field of his cell.

The fallen Prince summoned forth as much power as possible. His magic clashed with the energy field creating waves of row power. His tired body wanted to give up, to fall on the ground and power down, but if he did that, there won't be any way to escape later. To try even. Luckily for him, those cells weren't as advanced as the ones in Asgard's dungeon.

The field imploded on itself. Loki slumped on the ground, panting hard on his knees and hands. If he was in pain and exhausted before, now he just wanted to die. But this wasn't the time. He stood up slowly reaching for his magic, or whatever's left of it. Apparently, his luck won't have it and his magic was gone, out of his grasp again and within him at the same time. Frustrating!

The sorcerer couldn't dwell on it any further. There were footsteps in the hallway. And they were approaching fast. Loki took the first thing he found, which so happened to be a ragged piece of metal looking like his daggers. He should get them as soon as his magic reappeared.

Two Chitauri warriors entered and Loki attracted quickly before they could understand what's happening. He killed the first one, stabbing directly in the neck. The other was harder to get at since it had a weapon far more effective than the 'dagger'. But it fell nonetheless. The pain in Loki's body kept growing, his limbs feeling heavy and numb.

With a frustrated growl, the fallen prince picked up the blaster one of the dead warriors dropped. He ran into the dark hallway. He needed to find the closest escape route. They'd soon find about his absence. And if he was lucky enough the Dark Order would be absent. Creeping around wouldn't be as easy if they were here.

He ran, knowing how to navigate around the spaceship. He just needed to go to the upper levels. From there it'd be easier to escape. It didn't take long to find his way to the upper deck, but then the alarms turned on. They found he was missing.

Loki maneuvered around the dark hallways, more cautious and on alert at all times. After a few minutes, he found out that all the warriors were headed in one general direction. And it wasn't the dungeons. That confused the sorcerer, but he couldn't dwell on it right now.

After a few more minutes of walking, he found out the warriors were headed out, all of them to the battlefield. He casually followed them, determining the Black Order weren't here and they all were exciting the spacecraft. He found himself on a flight deck with those little flying crafts. He dived from behind his corner attacking one of those, the closest one to him, taking out the pilot and the other one with the blaster with his own stolen weapon. The other Chitauri were firing at him all the while making his work harder. They managed to injure him.