Midoriya

"He's quirkless." The doctor had barely any emotion in his voice as he uttered those words. A small toy dropped to the floor.

"W-what? Are you sure?" The mother asked while her child sat next to her, staring at nothing. The mother and doctor talk for a few minutes before the child asked,

"Can I still be a hero too?" Those words were barely above a whisper. The child looked up at his mother. The women started to tear up, but as she was about to speak the doctor cut her off.

"Y̸̼̓ò̵̹u̵̬͘ ̴̧̌c̴̡̐a̵̦͝n̶͍͐'t̸̏͜ ̷̖̇b̸̛̰e̶̗͂ ̵̱͌a̶̻̅ ̸̗̐h̵͂ͅe̴̞̐r̶̾ͅo̸͔͝"

That was the day a child's life changed for the worse.

Hello. Im Izuku Midoriya, and that child was me.

I was only 4 years old when I had my entire life ripped from me. All because of one extra toe joint. The doctor could have at least let me down easily. My mother listened to my quiet sobs as I cried myself to sleep that night.

The next day at school, the other kids either ignored me or sent hurtful words my way. Somehow word had gotten around that I was quirkless. Even my best friend Kacchan turned on me.

"Deku. That's what I'll call you. It means useless, which is what you are Deku" he jeered at me before sending an explosion my way. That same day I went home covered in bruises and burns.

Of course my mother , the wonderful woman that she is, noticed straight away and treated my injuries. She tried with all her might, to get the bullying to stop. And she thought it worked too. But that's not what happened.

I had learnt how to treat and hide my injuries before I got home. I didn't want to burden my mother with a useless child like me. I know she never truly believed me when I lied, but she never pushed for the truth either.

I had no friends in school. Everyone bullied me and the teachers didn't care. They had strong quirks while I had none. but, for some reason, I still aimed to be a hero. It was stupid. To believe that me, a quirkless deku, could be a hero. Hah. what a joke.

That didn't stop me though. Because I was stupid. Being a hero isn't about being strong, or flashy; it's about saving people... That's what it means to be a hero... except no one saw it that way. Only I did.

I just had to work harder than everyone else.... Right?

I was always a smart child. I could pick up on the smallest of movements and predict the outcomes of certain actions. That skill only improved as I continued my hero analysis. It started with my classmates and teachers, then it moved to hero fights. But I was stupid. I only analysed the heros. It would have been beneficial to me if I had analysed the villains too.

But I digress. I worked hard. Really hard.

I would run to school (to avoid Kacchan). Practised my stealth while at school (Don't make a noise and don't be seen, they can't hurt you that way). Analysed the other kids (how they used their quirks). Increase my pain tolerance (be beaten to a bloody pulp by kacchan and his lackeys). Run home (to avoid verbal abuse from kacchan). Do my homework (I always made copies as soon as I got them). Used the internet to learn different martial arts. Eat (my mothers cooking is the best). And proceed to learn how to hack and invent. Only after all of that did I allow myself to sleep.

This was how my days went all the way to middle school.

Middle school was worse. It was like going through hell everyday, but worse. There were more people willing to 'practise' their quirks. By that I mean they beat until I was barely conscious. It was hard and had a massive impact on my mental health. Not like I wasn't already tethering on the edge of breaking already.