Iida

The Iida family is famous among Japan for it's heritage of Pro heroes. Every child had gone on to become a great part of the hero society.

I, Tenya Iida, the youngest son is no exception to this rule.

Ever since I can remember, my brother has been my idol. I wanted to be him so much that I dedicated my life to getting into UA high. Everything I did was so that I could be a hero and yet why was it never enough?

My parents used to always tell me to 'work harder' and to 'be more like my brother' as if everything I ever did didn't matter.

Since my family are all heroes I have been to many galas. It was at these events that I met my first and only friend. His name was Shoto Todorki. He was the 4th kid of the number 2 hero: Endeavour.

The first time we met was when I was 4. My quirk had come in and I was still learning to control it, so every now and then I would have burst of energy where I crashed into everything.

Did my parents, or any other family member for that matter, help? No. I was left to fend for myself.

When this gala was announced I was instantly told to 'be on my best behaviour' incase I embarrassed them. So, to avoid any conflict, I stayed close to the edges and eventually spent my time hiding under the tables. The cloth covering went to floor so no one could see me.

This was where I found Shoto.

"Um.. my apologies. I did not know this spot was taken." I had said before turning to leave.

"It's fine. You can stay"

We sat there for a few minutes in an awkward silence.

"Im Tenya Iida."

"Shoto Todoroki" he whispered.

"May I ask why you are under here?"

"My father is Endeavour." he stated bluntly.

"Ah. fair enough." Shoto had chuckled when I said that.

From what I have heard and seen Endeavour is not a very nice person. He burns the villains so bad that they have to be hospitalised for 3rd degree burns, sometimes they dont make it there.

"What are you doing here?" My new friend had asked.

"I was bored and did not want to be reminded that I am not actually wanted here." I sighed.

We spent the rest of the time talking to each other. Everytime we had a high class social event, we would spend it together. This continued for a year before he stopped turning up.

I was sad that I had no one to talk to anymore.

Years went by and I was 14 before I saw him again. I had gone for a walk after doing all my homework and got lost in my thoughts. I didn't notice that I had walked towards the Todoroki residence until I heard a quiet "Tenya?" From behind me.

Me and Shoto had finally been reunited, I had instanly noticed the scar but said nothing. It was likely linked to something traumatic and I didn't want to bring up any unwanted memories in my friend.

He must have realised this since his eyes had softend. Knowing that we may not see each other again we spent the rest of day together, before we had to go back home.

Home....

Over the years as Tensei, my older brother, started his own agency and moved out my home had become a shell of what it once was.

I usually did most of the house work, like cooking and cleaning, myself. Although were rich my parents despised the idea of maids. They said "they would snoop around our rooms while cleaning" but I didn't believe them.

I belived that unless you did something bad you wouldn't need to hide anything.

My naivety soon started to desipate as I would occasionally watch my parents bring someone into a room to 'talk'. No one ever came out again. And I was never allowed in.

It was only when I turned 15 that I started to notice.

One day when everyone was out and I was home alone, I  snuck into my father's office to find the key.

It took a while but I eventually found it, so I made my way to that room. The door unlocked and opened quietly.

What was in that room will forever haunt me.

Everyone who had ever entered were all piled up in the corner in a glass cage. They were dead.

I felt sick to my stomach, but I continued looking around anyway. In one of the draws was files upon files of lawsuits against my family.

The people who filed them where all in the cage behind me, dead.

Eveything I once knew was broken. My parents were villains, not heroes. The rattling of keys snapped me out of my daze and I rushed to put everything back to where it was.

Running to my room I forgot to lock the door behind me.

I decided that I couldn't stay in a house with villains. So I ran. However, I quickly realised that I would never survive on my own without any kind of money, so while everyone slept, I crept into the vault and stole some money.

My run away needed to be planned. I knew that if I suddenly go missing people will question where I am. So I stole a small sum of money everyday for a few months.

Glasses was a part of my notmal appearance so I got contacts.

My hair is a noticable Iida genetic so I dyed it a dark brown.

My clothing style also changed. Before I would wear expensive clothing to uphold my reputation, but now I wear more casual clothing.

Finally my plan could be put into motion. It had been almost a year before I was ready to leave. I had waited for long enough.

Grabbing all my stuff I snuck out of the house and ran.

I ran with my quirk and didn't stop until I physically could not go on any more. Before I knew it, I was in another city.

The days went by before a missing person report was made. The city I was now living in was called Musutafu and I noticed a couple of things.

The heroes here only vared about popularity and money. They didn't care about damage to buildings and often times caused more civilian deaths than the actual villains.

Another thing I noticed was the vast amount of quirk discrimination. I would often catch the tail end of some kids in a black uniform Bullying another kid. Everytime I went to help the poor kid they would leave before I could get close.

And then there was the death of a quirkless kid. The news was playimg on one the TV's in the shop window. People had gathered around to watch and the comments I heard were disgusting.

I heard things like 'good riddance' and 'his mother must be so relieved'. It had my blood boiling and I punched the next person to say anything bad about that kid.

Too bad there was a hero in the presence as they soon gave chase to me as if I was the villain.

Laying low for a while helped but it ment staying in a shady part of the city. I was constantly fighting for my territory. That was when he showed up.

It was like the gods had sent an angel in disguise to help me. He offered me a place to stay, food, a warm bed. All for the price of protecting his lair while he is out.

I agreed.