Blaire's (Chapter 4)

Everyone was beginning to wake up now. You glanced over at Spencer, who was reading a book. You didn't blame him, he had been looking at the case files nearly the entire plane ride, except for when the two of you have that little moment with the coffee. 

Morgan leaned forward in his seat and rubbed his eyes. He looked over at you and shot you a confused look. "What's with the vest?" he asked. You let out a small laugh and smiled. "I spilled coffee on my shirt so Reid let me borrow it until I could change."

You had put your poor stained shirt into the small bag you had with you. You probably were never going to be able to wear it again, the stain would most-likely not come out even if you tried to remove it. You noticed Reid smirking a little at the conversation you were having with Morgan, but he didn't bring his eyes up from the page of his book. 

"Oh...okay," Morgan said with a small hint of amusement in his voice. You ignored it. You didn't want to call attention to anything he would want to suggest, and it was no doubt that other team members were listening in. You and Spencer were aware that there was something going on, but you didn't want the rest of the team to have that information. 

Emily and JJ began discussing the case together at a low volume on the other end of the jet, and Rossi had wandered back to the pot of brewed coffee left behind by you and Spencer. Hotch gained the team's attention and everyone began to direct their attention to the leader. The jet was getting close to Seattle, and it was around the time for him to start discussing assignments for team members once you all arrived. 

"Morgan, Prentiss, and Rossi go to the latest crime scene and see what you can figure out.  Reid and (Y/N) go to the coroners and take a look at the bodies. Garcia is looking into any connection the victims may have had as we speak. JJ, you and I will go to the station and set up. We should be arriving shortly, so I need all of you to start getting into focus." He explained all of this in his signature stern and somewhat monotone voice, to no surprise. 

However, you were surprised to be paired with Spencer. With the both of you being younger than many of the team members, it wasn't often Hotch would make this decision. It did make you feel confident to know that Hotch wasn't doubting your ability. Not to mention you would be getting to work alongside Spencer. 

Minuets after Hotch announced the assignments, the jet landed in Seattle. You looked over at Spencer, as a smile crept across your lips. 

---------------------

You walked out of the coroner's office next to Reid and headed for the black Suburban. Spencer seemed to be satisfied. Going off of what the two of you had observed with the bodies, it supported his theory about the unsub being female. 

The state of the stab wounds seemed to be as if whoever was doing the stabbing was struggling to continue. It was as if they were physically weaker and unable to do it with maximum efficiency. It could have been a very weak man of course, but going on the nature of how the women were cared for, it pointed in the direction of this unsub also being a woman. 

You climbed into the driver's side of the suburban to Spencer's dismay. Once you were both in the car he looked over at you. "I could have driven us back," he said as he put on his seatbelt. "Well, Spence, you have already been the driver once. It's time I return the favor." You put the car into gear and started off for the police station.

 "Well, what do you think (Y/N)?" you glanced over in his direction, briefly meeting his eyes before you focused your attention back on the road. "Honestly, I think you're right. With the way the men were stabbed and the women were thoughtfully tied up in most of the cases, it makes sense. Not to mention the blitz attack would also point to a weaker unsub. But I think it's still important that we see what the others found out at the crime scene. Do you know if JJ was interviewing anyone?"