Undercover (Chapter 5)

"But sir, you can't send in me and Prentiss, everyone at Blaire's has already seen us," Morgan said in a concerned voice. Hotch looked up at him with his stern face, "I wasn't thinking about either of you," he said.

JJ raised her eyebrows, "Then who were you thinking boss?" she asked. Your nerves shot through your body when Hotch immediately looked at you. "(Y/N) and Reid. They are both the right age and they would fit into this unsubs victim pool well," Hotch stated. You notice Spencer tense up slightly, and you hoped it was in a good way. He was going to have to pretend to be in love with you after all, but you also hoped he didn't have to pretend.

You didn't...

"Are both of you comfortable with this?" Hotch asked. You nodded in affirmation. Spencer looked up quickly after Hotch spoke, "Yes," he said, a little bit too quickly. So it was a good kind of tense. You wanted to smile, but you fought the urge.

"Sir?" you asked. Hotch looked over at you as he fiddled with some papers. "What is it?" he responded. "Even if Reid and I are in there, how do we know this unsub will choose us? Or that this unsub will even strike tonight"

"Going off of the way this unsub is accelerating, she should hit again tonight. As for how we know she will choose you two...my best advice is to be the happiest couple you can be and try to stick out. The less you blend in, the more likely you will be to draw in the unsub."

"The place isn't very big either, so there most likely won't be a lot of other customers fitting the correct description," Prentiss chimed in. You took in a deep breath, you hoped this would work.

"We are going to set up there in a couple of hours, and we aren't going to inform any of the staff or the owner of our presence in case one of them could be responsible. We also have not released any details to the press regarding the restaurant, so it should be operating as normal. (Y/N) and Reid, if either of you would like to go to the hotel for a moment to prepare and get ready, you are welcome to. As for the rest of you, I will be giving you assignments for what to do later momentarily." And with that, he nodded and focused his full attention on you and Reid, who he had waved over.

"Once you are done at Blaire's, we have a safe house that you can go to so we can wait for the unsub. We think she is following her victim's home, but it is still unclear why she waits until the 1:00 AM hour to kill. We hope we won't have to find out. Once you get back to the house, you can feel free to change your clothes and do whatever feels natural as a couple at home together, just remain vigilant and don't let your guard down," he stated.

"Did you want to go back to the hotel (Y/N)? I was going to go and I figured we could ride together," Spencer asked as he looked over to you. Hotch gave the two of you a nod of dismissal before directing his needed attention to the rest of the team to inform them of their assignments.

"Yes, I definitely will need to. Are you ready now?" you asked him. He nodded, and you followed him out of the police station. "Back on the road already," you thought.

He drove this time, but you knew the drive to the hotel wasn't long at all. You were thinking about what going undercover as a couple could actually mean for the both of you. You let your mind wander a little bit...were you going to get to kiss him?

That's when you noticed his hand moving in front of your face and you jerked your attention back to reality. "(Y/N)? You there?" he asked while chuckling slightly. "Yes, I'm here, Spence. I'm sorry, I just zoned out a little," you explained. He smirked, "What were you thinking about?" he questioned.

"Nothing...why?" you deflected, trying to not let the thoughts of his lips come back into your mind. He let out a low laugh, "Well I guess if you have a bruised bottom lip later it will just sell the couple card more."