𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

     The day to celebrate Pickens arrived and Leia walked around with her arm linked with Isabella's, the two pointing out places they should go

     The day to celebrate Pickens arrived and Leia walked around with her arm linked with Isabella's, the two pointing out places they should go. For once, Leia was dressed weather appropriate, well as much as she would dress. She wore a black shirt, and the sleeves reached midway down her arms. A pleated skirt was attached to the shirt with a belt that wrapped around her waist.

     As soon as she met up with Isabella, the girl had began asking about the smile thay seemed to never leave the girls face. It took a couple of attempts but eventually she came clean about everything, about her argument with Jughead, about how they made up, and how they were dating.

      "If he hurts you," Isabella began as she bit into her food, "I will not hesitate to cut his dick off and shove it in a blender."

     "Remind me never to piss you off." Leia mused as the girls chuckled together, heading over to buy a drink.

"Hello, Riverdale." Fred's voice cut through and Leia grabbed her friends arm, moving so they could hear her uncle. "Happy Pickens day. On behalf of Lodge Industries and Andrews Construction, we are thrilled to kick things off with a new twist on an old favourite. So, Veronica and the Pussycats."

Leia and Isabella shared a confused look, turning to the stage to watch as Veronica walked onto the stage alongside Melody and Valerie. Turning their attention away from the girl's who had began to sing, Leia focused her attention on Josie, noticing the girl seemed to be incredibly upset at her replacement.

Halfway through their performance, they were interrupted by a group of Serpents, walking through with signs held tightly in their hands. Tape was placed over their mouth as they silently walked through the group, interrupting Veronica's performance and standing towards the front.

Isabella nudged Leia, pointing towards someone in the crowd. "Isn't that your boyfriend?" She whispered and the girl followed her eyesight, nodding when she recognised him.

"Toni?" Veronica questioned, her eyes widening at her friend. "Jughead? What the hell is going on?"

Toni grabbed a megaphone and began speaking about their reason for being there with tape and signs. "We're here representing the dead and the silenced." She called out to the people. "Pickens day is a lie. General Pickens slaughtered the Uktena tribe, my grandfather's family, and this land, the land that we're standing on, that will soon give way to a new Southside, was stolen from them. And we can't bring them back. But we can and we must honour them."

Hiram lodge approached the stage and Isabella and Leia shared a mutual look, a small smile on their faces before they turned back to the stage. "Hey, folks, hi." He greeted, interrupting Toni. "I think we can all be proud to live in a Riverdale where young people stand up for justice."

"Where a young woman can defend the honour and legacy of her grandfather. Where we can celebrate the living legacy of the Uktena, who contribute to the rich tapestry that is Riverdale, that is the Southside," he turned and shared a look with his wife before turning back to the people, "and that will be SoDale. So, let's hear a round of applause for that, am I right?" Cheers and applause rang around as they all clapped for his speech. "That's right, what do you say, people?" He raised a brow at the citizens of Riverdale.

The crowd dispersed and they all turned to walk their separate ways, Isabella and Leia going to sit on a bench together as they ate their food. "Smash or pass?" The brunette questioned, pointing at a middle aged man who had just walked past.

"Pass, he looks like he's on a register somewhere." Leia drawled, shaking her head instantly.

Isabella's eyes moved, scanning the crowd for any possible people, her eyes landing on a football player. "Smash or pass?" She asked and Leia thought about it.

"Smash." Leia commented and Isabella nodded in agreement.

While she was looking around for another person, her eyes landed on Jughead and she turned to her friend with a grin. "Smash or pass?" Isabella pointed towards an oblivious Jughead while Leia snickered at her friend.

"Smash." Leia shrugged, placing a chip in her mouth. Jughead looked around, feeling eyes on him and when he found Leia staring at him. Slowly, a small smile made its way on his face as he waved at her. She waved back, reciprocating the smile while Isabella rolled her eyes, throwing a piece of food at her friend to get her attention. "Excuse me?"

"I'm not sitting here with you to spend time with my best friend," Isabella raised a brow, motioning to the boy across the field, "not to sit and watch you guys make me a third wheel."

"As if I've not been doing this with you and Sam since I moved here." Leia rolled her eyes as Isabella waved her off.

"That's not the same." Isabella brushed the subject off as Leia squinted at her friend in disbelief.

"In what world are they not the same?"

Words~865.
{edited:no}