Meet the Senseis: Engineer

Somewhere in Tokyo

Asuka and her friends were somewhere in Tokyo looking for Engineer. A few days ago, Kiriya had asked Engi if he'd be interested in a mission. Engi accepted, and was sent to retrieve some sensitive documents that were stolen from the government. The culprits, of course, was a clan of Evil Shinobi. A rather large one, too. Large enough that Engineer was only to engage in combat if absolutely necessary.

But that was a few days ago. Kiriya and the girls were concerned about what might have happened to him. Spy simply said not to worry, then Scout elaborated that Engi probably had the highest kill count in their group, though he never said why that was.

Still, aside from the fact that a person (whom the girls grew somewhat fond of) was missing, the documents were also missing.

So, Kiriya had given Asuka and her friends the assignment of finding Engineer (or at least what happened to him), and retrieve the documents.

Now that you're all caught up, I can now tell you that they were currently going over what they knew.

"Our last lead said that Engineer-Sensei was last seen in a red pickup truck heading towards Kagawa." Yagyū said.

"But why would he go Kagawa?" Ikaruga asked.

"Well,they did say that he seemed like he was in a hurry. Maybe he was being chased by the Evil Shinobi he had to confront?" Katsuragi guessed.

"If that's the case, then we better find him fast." Asuka said.

"Hai!" The others replied.

The girls managed to hitch a ride from a friendly elderly couple up to Kagawa. Once they arrived, the girls thanked the couple for their kindness and continued their search.

Timeskip

Asuka and her team had been searching Kagawa all day and had found nothing. No footprints, no tire tracks. Nothing that would suggest a fight either, like bullet casings, shotgun shells, throwing blades...nothing.

"Maybe he isn't here anymore." Hibari suggested.

"Or maybe he doesn't want to be found." Ikaruga said.

The girls suddenly heard gunfire and explosions near them.

"What was that?!" Katsuragi exclaimed.

"Do you really need to ask?" Yagyū replied.

"Come on!" Asuka said as she ran towards the source of the gunfire.

Her friends followed her, however some of them were a bit uneasy at the thought of running straight into a fight.

Luckily they didn't have to, because as the girls neared the supposed battleground, the gunfire and explosions abruptly stopped.

"What happened? Why did the fight just suddenly stop?" Katsuragi asked.

"Maybe Engineer-Sensei won?" Hibari said.

"Or maybe he lost. I really hope he didn't." Ikaruga said.

There was a moment of silent dread at the thought of Engineer losing the fight. In the moment of silence, however, Katsuragi thought she was hearing something. She thought she was hearing...

"Is that... guitar music?" She asked.

The other girls listened closely. Eventually, they heard the music.

"What is that?" Asuka said.

The girls walked towards the source of the music. When the got close, they entered a clearing, where they saw Engineer playing the guitar. They also saw that he was sitting beside an old red pickup truck surrounded by what looked like automated turrets.