Chapter 23

"I just don't understand why I gots to go to school if Anya is coming home today!" Claire cried as she pulled her plaid dress jumper over her white blouse. "I want to go to the train station to get her with you guys!"

Hermione buttoned up the back of her jumper dress while Draco stood in the doorway of her bedroom. "The train won't arrive until about a half hour before school ends for you," Hermione explained for the umpteenth time. "We will go get Anya, and then we will go straight to your school and pick you up, and then we're all going to go to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner."

Claire sighed as her eyes locked with her father's, hoping he would change his mind and let her stay home. "Sorry, princess," Draco replied. "We're already letting you stay home all week with Anya while she's on her break, so you can't miss today."

Her shoulders dropped in defeat. "Go find your shoes," Hermione gently instructed. "And your hairbrush, and bring them downstairs." She kissed her forehead and stood up to her feet with a playful smile. "And quit that sulking, or else I'm going to let Daddy do your hair today."

"You wouldn't!" Claire exclaimed.

"Keep that pout up and you'll find out," Hermione said with a wink before leaving her room. Draco followed her down the stairs and to the kitchen, where she found Harby watching Scorp as he sat in his new booster seat at the table, dipping pieces of waffle into a syrup cup. "Mum!" he squealed, holding a syrup dripping bite in Hermione's direction. "Mum bite!"

Hermione would be lying she said her heart didn't stop for a moment each time she heard Scorpius call her Mum. At first she was against it, but Draco encouraged it, and now it just made her break out into a smile each time she heard it. The first time was the last time he woke up in the middle of the night nearly a month ago. Draco made it to the room first, moving to pick him up but Scorpius furiously shook his head and chanted no.

"Draco, what is it?" Hermione asked as she walked into his room, tying her robe around her waist as she yawned. "Why is he still crying?"

"Because I keep trying to pick him up and he keeps preventing me from doing so," he replied.

She moved closer to the crib and looked down at the teary eyed boy. His arms immediately went up when he saw Hermione. "Mum!" he sniffled. "Mum!"

Hermione scooped him out of his crib and held him close as she rocked back and forth on her feet. "You miss your mummy," she whispered in his ear. When she finally had him calmed down, she looked over at Draco, who looked like he wanted to hold his son. "Do you want to see Daddy?" she asked him.

He shook his head. "No, I want Mummy," Scorpius said, holding his small arms around her neck tighter, his little face burying into the crook of her neck. "My mummy. Mine."

"Bite!" Scorpius squealed as the syrup dripped onto the floor.

Shaking her head back to reality, Hermione took a bite from Scorpius and hummed loudly. "Delicious!" she exclaimed. "What a good sharer you are!"

"I share!" Scorpius exclaimed.

"Can I have a bite?" Draco asked.

"No," Scorpius quickly but plainly replied. "Mummy share. No Dad."

Hermione looked at Scorpius and scuffled his curls with her hand. "You should share with Daddy," she said. "Daddy would share with you."

"Um…no," Scorpius replied as he dunked another waffle bite into the syrup with gusto.

Draco took a plate of waffles from Harby and set it down on the table next to Scorpius. Hermione walked over to him and sat down on his lap. She leaned in and kissed him lightly on the lips. "I would share with you," she mumbled against his lips before kissing him again.