Day 1 in Kodai-Kanal

The bus journey is exhausting, we quickly boarded the nearby taxi, got to the hotel, in which we have booked two medium budget rooms. We immediately brushed our teeth and got fresh up to go quick for a breakfast! Had it enough, and it's a complementary breakfast as it's first day of visiting the hotel.

                Our tour now started at 10:00AM. We decided to visit Kodai lake(Kodaikanal lake). Situated at Kodaikanal city the Kodaikanal lake is an artificial star shaped lake and is also called Kodai lake by the locals. Vera Levinge is known as the man liable for the inventiveness and assets of this lake amid Kodaikanal town. Kodai Lake is planned at the height of 2285m above ocean level and has a normal depth of 3.0m. We have enjoyed boat trip there, and also bicycling around the lake. Fun fact: we indeed had a bicycle race around the lake!

              Now, we traveled to Bryant park One of the many elements that add to the serenity of Kodaikanal is the infamous Bryant park Situated on the eastern side of the Kodai Lake, the park is bejewelled with various species of plants and shrubs. They vary in a range of flowering plants, hybrids and grafts.
The park also educates and trains students of Ornamental Horticulture as it is also recognised as a demonstration centre!! Moreover, the park is so aesthetic that we have enjoyed the nature a lot!

            We have then visited Shenbaganur museum. Throwing great light on flora and fauna of Kodaikanal, Shenbaganur museum is very impressive and highly alluring. This museum is situated at 5 km away from Kodai Lake. This museum is also popular as Flora and Fauna Museum.  In 1895, this museum was established and was taken care by Sacred Heart College. In the premises of this museum, there is an orchidarium where you can see vast collection of 300 species of native and original orchids. Also, the museum is famous for preserving well the fossils with a huge range of flora and fauna. After visiting this so educating museum of floral and fauna of its locality, we have exhausted and it's time for lunch, and we have gone to nearby restaurant and had lunch.

            We later traveled to Silver cascade falls Silver cascade is one of Kodaikanal’s most popular attractions. Here, shimmering water flow down a 180-foot-tall (55-meter) cliff and monkeys playing mischievously on slippery rocks. Silver Cascade is the result of excess water that flows from Kodaikanal Lake. It takes its name from the silver-colored appearance of the water, which glistens in the bright sunshine.
We have enjoyed the aesthetic scenery so much!

          Go on reading to see what the next day awaits!