Finral X Yami Pt. 1 ||

I'm back. Enjoy

Trigger Warning: Blood, Gore, Abuse

------------------

Third Person's PoV

Finral is an expressive person. If he is scared, he will show it. If he's happy, he'll show it. The black bull members can read him like an open book. Despite being a senior, Finral is everyone's best friend.

He is the flirty and cheerful but also a scaredy cat. But despite of his unnatural flight nature, he doesn't back down when it comes to saving his family, in blood and in squad.

He already took the role of a motherhen to his squadmates, taking them to their missions, asking about their days or if they're okay. Yami is always grateful for the younger for looking after the members but he'll appreciate it more if he stops being a damn flirt and getting distracted every time there's a lady around.

Yami looked at the newspaper he's reading, not leaving the same page for an hour. He's not even reading it anymore. Its already getting dark and the idiots the he sent for a mission near the forbidden realm are not yet back. Its not even a hard job, just moving things and shipments. That's why he only sent Asta, a muscled-pipsqueak, Finral, a spatial mage and Noelle, probably for emotional support. The town isn't also that of a high class. So there's not much bandits and crime.

Even though, Yami can't shake off the feeling of something amiss. His gut feeling is telling him something. And I'm telling you, his gut feelings were never wrong.

----------------

Sweat trickled down Asta's forehead as he stock the last box of fruits from the farm that Finral handed through his spacial portal. He felt exhausted but at the same time proud as they are thanked by the farmers that they helped. Their smiles and welcoming gestures is enough for a half-day labor work.

"Thank you so much Magic nights for helping our humble town." An old lady offered a warm smile for the exhausted teen and handed him a glass of cold water.

"Thanks Granny" Asta returned a wide smile which made the old lady pat the mop of gray hair.

Suddenly, a voice of a man intercepted Asta's ears. "Time to eat, time to eat. Magic knights and everyone time to eat."

Asta beamed, "Uwaahh! Is that a magic ability? That's so cool." The granny smiled at him and explained that one of the locals have this magic where he can deliver messages through people afar.

They walk up to the table under the big tree where everyone else is gathering and sharing food. Noelle is already there talking to some locals and serving foods. Although she always insists that she is a royal, she was the one who volunteered to offer serving foods which made Asta and Finral snicker.

Speaking of Finral, Asta watched as a portal opened next to him and their senior walked out of it. He slumped at the chair near him, thoroughly exhausted. Maybe not because of too much handiwork but because of mana drain. Portals are not always the easiest to make. It consumes a lot of mana from the user if used frequently and further places. But it shouldn't be a problem to Finral. He sometimes wonder why. He was told that his mana is as great as Langris in the past. It was when his mother passes away and his father started abusing him, his mana seems to decrease. Maybe because of the trauma that his mana seems to hide away.

"Drink first, Finral-senpai. I know you are tired." Asta handed Finral a glass of water and he downed it in one go.

"Finral-senpai," Noelle spoke, "You are a Noble right? Aren't they have abundant mana? Not as much as the royal but an exceptional amount. Yet you're always drained of mana." Noelle don't wanna sound rude at all, it is more like a worried tone.