BLUEBERRY BABY 03: SWEETER

Joenne's head was spinning. Somehow, she can't recall how this happened. She was out for lunch with her co-producers when a 3 year old turning 4 clinged unto her leg.

She could feel her blood pressure rise just by thinking about the start of it.

To give you some context, she is now stuck in a kid's party. A kid's party. A party full of the type of humans she very much dislikes.

"Joenne, I never knew you had a son?" Her co-writer, Miggy said nudging her a little.

Joenne shook her head in disagreement.

"I am very much against that thought, Mig. This kid is just the neighbourhood psycho." She said making her co-workers sigh. They are used to how harsh and insincere their head producer can be.

Even to little kids.

"So, Kit. What utter horror do you bring now?" Joenne asked after squatting down to his height. Soon, she saw Kite walking up to them.

"Noona, will you go to my birthday party? I'm four already!"

Her eyes blinked a couple of times, comprehending what he had just said. She couldn't believe it has already been 2 months since she last saw the two of them.

"Ah, I'm afraid I can't--"

"Joenne?"

The latter paused and looked up at the person who called her. Kite looked away as she stood up.

"Oh you were there."

"A boyfriend too, Jo?" Miggy asked with a very exaggerated tone, as if he was pained by the fact this was hidden from him by his treasured workmate. Joenne pinched his sides and rolled her eyes.

"Miggy this is Kite, that person I knew from college that I told you about." She said in an impassive stone as she gestures to the father and son in front of them.

"Ohh, I see." He had only replied.

Kite had ignored the fellow and waited for Joenne to come back to reply. "Anyways, what is it?" She asked.

"I... can you go to the party?"

Miggy's eyes widened at how cute the flustered expression Kite was making. Even as a straight person, he was startled at how good looking he was. Joenne's storytelling didn't do him any justice.

Joenne on the other hand, was too focused on the fact that she was basically getting peer pressured to go to a dreaded children's party. Miggy had been giving her the look to say yes or he will make life in the studio hard, and by hard, that means assigning her every idol she loathes to produce for.

"How can she say no, right, Joenne?" He interjected and nudged her sides... a little too harsh. She clicked her tongue before clearing her throat to answer.

"W-why would I go?--"

"Noona, please! I want to show my friends my grown up friend! And.. and, we never got to play again after you left me with Dad." Kit had fired his shots with his most pitiful expression.

Joenne felt like she was getting into a pyramid scheme, with the three of the boys at the points of the Bermuda triangle that will be the death of her via an uncomfortable swelling kid's birthday party.

"I... He's grown on you and thank you... also for looking after him that day. You can give me your number and I'll text you the details." Kite stated as if she had not other choice but was still acting rather unusual.