BLUEBERRY BABY 01: CAMPUS CRUSH <3

Joenne wore her flannel jacket over her red shirt and wore her black bulky shoes at the doorway. She was just sitting by her window pane, waiting for something interesting to intrude in her life but her words, "preferrably between 8am and 5pm."

Since she'd be working at the studio as an aspiring songwriter and yes, that is her work schedule.

Before that, she sits in her apartment doing whatever Adult Joenne had desired.

The latter had noticed the fish cake stall in front of her apartment complex and inmediately jumped to fetch some socks and jacket.

With a smokey eye makeup, she ventured out for some street food.

Joenne greeted the lady behind the stall and started digging in, there were also tteokbokki and other sorts of street food. She pulled put some change and crumpled bills from her pocket and handed it to the lady while blowing on a stick of fishcake. She tried to eat a piece but immediately let go due to it being incredibly hot. Her eyes widened as she heaved in an out deeply as an attempt to cool her tongue down and the fishcake.

Joenne then bit a piece to test if it was already edible enough. She was correct and pulled a whole piece off the stick with her teeth and chewed while savouring the tastes in her mouth.

"Hmm." She indulged in the feeling and continued pulling off the stick and into her mouth.

"You eat so well!" The lady behind the stall complimented and gave her a paper cup of water. Joenne smiled with her cheeks bunched making the lady smile back.

She swallowed what was last of her first stick and went for tteokbokki next. While Joenne blew on the rice cake, she looked over to the person next to her casually.

It was a guy in his mid 20's who had curly hair and an Anpanaman backpack. Her lips formed an O caused by his suprisingly good looks.

Joenne snickered mentally at the weird backpack before having an epiphany about the backpack.

The latter bit off a tteokbokki while looking down to see a 3 year old with curly hair as well. Her being not good with kids, she decided to eat in peace.

"Curly hair..." Joenne subconciously murmured as she tried to recall the famous curly head she once knew as if the current curly haired man was making her recall a few memories. Then suddenly, an imaginary lightbulb appeared on top of her head. Her eyes widened and looked back at him.

"Same cold blue eyes... and the lovely infamous curly hair ."

"Excuse me?"

Joenne swallowed her tteokbokki as she realized she said that loud enough for the person to hear. She choked and immediately downed a cup of water.

"Are you okay?" He asked with his brows furrowed. Her eyes widened, Joenne couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"Kite?" The latter had asked with an unsure expression. The person now named Kite in her mind looked at her weirdly.

"Oh, I'm sorry! You might not know me while I know you since... you were quite a campus crush." Joenne's statement then made Kite choke on the fishcake he was chewing making him hold his fist against his mouth whilst he turned his back.

The kid looked at Joenne badly making her feel even worse.

"Was I not supposed...to mention that?" She asked herself out loud. The lady soon gave Kite a cup of water while Joenne purposely ignored the little boy's glare at her.

"Let's just change the title, uhm. I'm Joenne, from Arts Major?" She said as if seeking if it were to ring a bell for Kite here who had just recovered his composure.

"...College was 3 years ago, I don't see how I could remember someone just because we had the same major."

Joenne's expression dropped. She finally felt like she's worth praising, for not crushing on him all those years when the whole Campus had their eyes on him just because he had blue eyes and curly hair... also because he is extremely good looking.

Despite being an absolute stereotypical snob. Though Joenne didn't blame him for it since she thought that he had every reason to not entertain the useless attention he was getting.

"You could've said that nicer but whatever." Joenne said and returned to feasting but this time, furiously.

"Appa, why Noona knows you?" The boy said and tugged on Kite's shirt. Joenne on the other hand, looked down and then up. She wasn't suprised, the kid's appearance was uncanny just like Kite who is just right beside him.

Joenne only chuckled at how speechless Kite looked.

"He could just lie..." She whispered to herself. The kid turned to her and then furrowed his brows intensely.

"Lying is bad. Noona, noona is rude."

Joenne was now taken aback and looked at Kite who was still troubled. Her expression sounded like "Good morals you're teaching here, Kite."

The raven haired looked down and asked the kid his name.

"I'm Kit Song! Short for Kit.."

"Kitferran." Kite interjected seeing that Kit was having trouble pronouncing his name.

*purposely mispelled implying the wrong pronounciation !!

"Keytfirean Song! I'm 3 turning 4."

"So you're three?"

"To 4!"

"But you're three--"

"I'm 4 in February!"

They shot back amd forth which resulting to Joenne bursting in boisterous laughter.

"Kit... it's November."

"Yes."

Joenne looked at Kite again who was munching on some fishcake as if he had no business whatever Kit was chattering on about.

"Okay... so why do I know you again, Kite? Liars go to hell so better speak truthfully." She said with a teasing grin.

Kite knew his son would never stop asking about it if he began now... though he never lies to Kit.

"We...were classmates and she just happens to know me very well." Kite said and nodded as if he's satisfied with the vague but absolute answer. Kit looked at Joenne weirdly who had only rolled her eyes.

She picked up her 4th stick of fishcake before biting in.

"Why you know Appa "well"?" Kit asked, emphasizing the word he just copied and pasted into his vocabulary, looking up to Joenne who had already gotten over the topic and his intelligence when Kit mispronunced his name.

She sighed with her mouth full. She downed another cup of water to swallow what she kept in her cheeks before responding.

"Kite was famous for his blue eyes. End of story." Joenne replied and picked up her 5th stick. Kite crushed his paper cup at the statement. Kit then looked up at him with sparkling blue eyes as well.

"Appa, tell more! I'll be famous too, right?"

Kite was glaring at Joenne who only gave him a peace sign. He closed his eyes before reaching for some excess bill in his pocket. He paid the lady and held Kit's hand.

"I'll tell you when we get home."

Joenne waved at him and Kit but both only looked at her as they walked away.

"...Like father like son but in the most annoying way possible, God."

LIGHT UP THE SKY WAS JUST CHEF'S KISS* IM WILLING TO WAIT FOR THEM ANYTIME AND I JUST LOVED THEM EVEN MORE !!

-moon