An Old Metal Heart

At last, the ancient, the seemingly dead (until now) core of the princess's guardian has awoken. Where is its body? What is it attached to? WHERE IS THE MAN WHO STOLE ITS BODY? These questions coursed through the orb's mechanical mind as it returned to life.

The guardian observed the surrounding area, through the unfamiliar eyes of the being who is connected to it. The guardian immediately perceived an oddly unappealing, peach skinned young woman with a rather unimpressive physique, long unnaturally colored hair, ears pierced with metal rings, dressed in impractical, promiscuous attire; but she also had beautiful brown eyes akin to the fresh soil of an oasis after long rainfall. To the side of this woman was an armored man, who seemed to be hollow, was he of the guardian's kind? no, it was just a crude, damaged, but seemingly functional set of armor, it would make for decent protection for finding THAT MAN, so the guardian decided to use it. The guardian commanded the attached being, a short, elderly human man, to place it within the armor. Another human woman, tall, pale, old, with glassed blue eyes, hair of brown, who walked with a cane in hand, attempted to take the guardian's heart from the attached human.

Un-blinded and confused by the current situation, Pheliara remained stationary, until getting bored deciding to help Runa in retrieving the orb from the old man. She tried to grab it from him while he was distracted by her mother, however something pushed her away, so she tried again, then was blasted backwards at the wall behind her. She felt her back slamming against the hard, slightly damp wooden planks of the building; She tried to get back up from her fall, but immediately slipped, tripped and re-fell face first on the floor.

The guardian did not expect to be faced with such opposition while acquiring a temporary body for its journey, but it finally placed itself within the metal suit. The metal suit was not properly assembled, so it collapsed to the ground with the guardian presiding in its helmet. The guardian's priory cast barrier spell caused it to levitate for a short moment. It landed on the ledge of what appeared to be a small doorway (the mantle of the fireplace) the guardian seemed to be trapped, however, using a damaged wooden shield and skull from opposite sides of it on the ledge, it cast one more spell to evade capture.

Runa's energy had been so completely exhausted, unsuccessfully attempting to stop the unconscious Wilbur from breaking her stuff; That she only just noticed that the orb seemed to be acting on its own will, but that would be impossible, the orb would never be capable to survive in a damaged condition for a several centuries; It must have been damaged within the last few decades for it to remain functional in its current state. The shield and skull on the mantle began to move together, in the direction of the helmet, as if they were combining. She heard a noise from behind her; Some of the customers began to get up to combat the orb, Runa objected to the destruction of such valuable artifacts, she was unsuccessful in her struggle to stop them from making the problem worse.

The now floating cluster of objects that made up the guardian's temporary upper body, was confronted by several human men and women, they were carrying many objects that could be useful for the rest of its body. The guardian cast one last spell to escape for good, a growth of vines sprang out from the bottom of the guardian's heart, the vines shot out around the obstacles, tangling and demobilizing them. The guardian was able to collect the items that it wished to use, before the young women from before rose up to once again try to capture the guardian; But the guardian used its recently obtained arm (made of tools and weapons) to fend her off, it swung at her, sure to land a debilitating injury; However the guardian did not expect what would next happen. The older woman ran into the apex of the attack, significantly slowing the arm's advance towards the younger one. It was a foolish idea, now they were both on the ground, injured by the strike. from behind the guardian, it sensed one more presence, another human, this one male, he was to far for any good analysis of his features.

Claus cried out to the stranger looming above his wife and daughter "GET AWAY FROM MY FAMILY!" before trying to attack the man with an ice spell; The remembered that Pheliara and Runa where in range, he moved his hand away from the stranger, freezing the chandelier in a thick sheet of ice. the stranger stole a tablecloth and fled.

Without any thought, Pheliara got right up and started sprinting to chase after the man that had just struck down her mother.