A Desperate Swordswoman

Pheliara continued to run after her wood/metal enemy, she could feel her mouth drying more and more each minute, sweat covering her skin, her accelerating breathing and heartbeat started to reach their limits; She just needed to catch up, but she was slowing down. She really shouldn't have gotten into the habit of chasing after unpaying customers. Her exhaustion was beginning to overcome her as she saw a tall, hooded figure in the path of her target.

While it was running, the guardian was being followed by the young woman, soon enough she will collapse, humans get tired and require rest, but the same is untrue of the guardian's kind, although it did need time to recover it's internal magic after casting three spells in such close proximity. The guardian's focus was on the woman, so it did not see the large being in front of it; It collided with the aforementioned being, causing the guardian's arm to break off of its temporary body, no matter it can just create another one.

In this absurd moment, we are introduced to our next player within this story, Kadlin Valkarndottir, of the noble house of the northern city of snow; she was in somewhat of a bad mood, first she got lost on her way, then she spent all of her money on swords at the blacksmith a few islands back, so she needed to accept a cheap beast hunting contract, leading her to a town in the middle of nowhere, in this absolutely unbearable heat, without anything to drink... and some idiot just crashed into her and dropped his/her arm. An average looking woman followed, at least not into Kadlin's hip this time. She continued on search for someplace to cool herself off from the absolutely sultry weather and quench her dire thirst. She decided to leave the arm of which was priorly amputated by her thigh, it would be to much to carry and before you ask, she absolutely WOULD NOT part with a single sword of her collection!

At last she had found the tavern, so she did what any tall thirsty lizard would do while finding a tavern, and immediately barged in desperation to beg for rum... only to find a a floor littered of unconscious vines tangled in unconscious men, an infuriatingly otherwise empty bar, an old man attempting to heal an old woman... and *CRASH* an enormous mass of ice protruding from the low ceiling, of which she did not notice until it made first contact with her forehead. She fell with the grace of a drunken troll to the oak floor in simultaneous dehydration and head pain.

"ANOTHER ONE?" Claus angrily re-counted in his mind, the number of unconscious on the floor of his wife's and his dimly lit tavern as he was using his frost magic and rudimentary medical knowledge to tend to the massive bleeding gash in her upper back. He would not let her die from this, they surely had at least a few decades left to spend together, right? what was he thinking? of course they would! But he still worried about what was to happen to his daughter, who was chasing the man who did this, she could only just hold her own in a bar fight against someone her own size, not against a twice sized armored killer. He heard a loud, agitating sound from behind him. He looked to see that the most recent fallen customer had risen from running into an icicle; she was an unfamiliar, tall, muscular, pale woman cloaked in a brownish-red fur cowl of which almost perfectly matched the color of her long, messy, hair, that could easily be mistaken for a hood, how could she ever survive the current heat in that kind of attire? She turned gaze upon him with her reptilian orange eyes and requested in a needy tone.

"Kindly commoner, may I order a cold rum?"

Claus quickly and irritably replied "You should have come earlier; We sold the last of it at noon."

"What do you have? I'll take anything cold."

"They're all cellar temperature right now."

She denoted "You could freeze one with that ice spell you're using."

"You can lick off the ice on the chandelier if you want something cold."

"But I asked for something to drink!"

"Don't you grasp that I have more important things to worry about at the moment than your order? I'm trying to save my wife!"

"You don't need to be so draconian about it!"

"You don't require my attention to leave!"

"I just want a cold drink; I can watch her for you, if that is what's needed"

"Just get your damn ale from the cellar and get out of here!"

"...But I asked."

"I AM NOT GOING TO FREEZE IT FOR YOU! Just go into the cellar and take it warm."

Kadlin, reluctantly decided to go down to get a room temperature ale herself, once again unintentionally walked into the frozen chandelier again and remarked "Of course! I can make use of this!" She saw that alas the old woman had begun to move "I think you fixed her."

"What is it now?"

"Your wife seems to have just woken from her slumber."

Claus looked back down to see that, in fact Runa was returning awake. "Runa can you hear me?"

Runa tiredly responded "after awaking to to the observation that a tall, fluffy idiot attempting to sneak into the wine cellar as Claus wasn't paying attention. She yelled out at the woman she thought was thieving from her "Get out from there! I won't be having anyone stealing from me!"

Claus attempted to explain to her situation at hand.

"You just let a stranger walk into our home completely without any supervision?"

"I was so preoccupied with trying to save your life, that I didn't have the time to serve her a drink!"

Runa  and Claus started to laugh together of the events of the day, only to stop as they remembered that their daughter was still running after the orb monster.

Kadlin, now up from the cellar, suggested a proposition for their current situation.