Chapter Two: i crack, because why the hell not?

"So, Ruth." Emma greets me with a steaming pot of coffee, something that I exhale at.

I sit up in my bed and, letting out a small groan, accept the mug from her. As soon as I take it, she moves and jumps on the bed next to me, settling into my side.

I glance over to her before bringing the coffee to my lips and taking a small sip of it. I speak after I swallow. "What did you do?"

"Why would I have done anything?" She asks, raising her eyebrows.

A small snort bubbles out of me. "You're awake before me when I know you don't have anything to do today until three pm and you brought me coffee. You are buttering me up for something."

"Okay, you read me way too well." Emma stays lying down even as I move and set the mug down on the coffee table next to me before standing and moving into my bathroom. I keep the door partially open so that I can hear Emma as she continues to speak. "I did some research last night."

"On?"

"Minecraft. That shit is actually so interesting; I think I might do a video of me playing it or something. That's not important though. Have you ever heard of Dream?" She asks me.

I grab a hair tie from my counter and swing my head over, collecting my wavy hair into a ponytail before straightening and tying it back. I frown as I speak, confused. "Yeah. Why have you suddenly heard of him? Going to play among us with him?"

"You know I suck at that game, please don't rub it in." I exit the bathroom and walk over to my closet as she continues. "No, he's a speedrunner like you are secretly - but no one knows who he is. I'd never heard of him, if I'm being perfectly honest, but I just spent a good few hours watching compilations of him online and watching him. Kind of a sexy voice, if I'm being perfectly honest - and apparently he's 6'3."

"I said I knew who he was, Emma. Get to your point." I say, amused, as I tug off my pajamas and start to change for my day.

She hesitates before continuing. "Well, he's proof that you could post your videos without anyone knowing who you are. I - listen, I know you're going to say no very adamantly, but at least hear me out. Here's this guy who no one knows what he looks like or anything and yet they accepted his world record time."

"A lot of people think he cheated, actually." I stick my head out of the closet as I say that, smiling at Emma, before disappearing from her view. "I don't want to make a youtube channel."

"You don't even have to; the website just says that you can upload the videos publicly on there and that's enough. I don't think that you're going to have any fame or anything from it - I just really think that you should do it. You can stay anonymous, but people will know that some random player has these awesome skills." She inhales deeply after her slight monologue. "C'mon, Ruth."

"No, I don't want to. It's satisfying enough knowing that I could be on the leaderboard. I don't need to share that with anyone." I exit my closet and make an exaggerated flourish towards myself, something that makes Emma snort. "Vibe check?"

"The vibe is strong. I've never seen someone care so little about their appearance and yet pull off business attire so well. Are you doing makeup today?" She tilts her head to the side. Emma is still lying down on my bed, but she's sat up slightly so that her eyes can trail up and down my body.

"No one can even see my face during the day." I respond. I wear a mask the entire time I'm in my office, so I've been abstaining from makeup out of pure laziness for months - something that frustrates Emma to no end.