Chapter 1

The sun was finally setting while the streets were just getting busier. The black-haired girl was walking calmly in the new cold breeze of the ending afternoon, her head was down while she had her hands on her pockets, for some reason she looked lost in her thoughts and whit nowhere to go. San Francisco is not that cold but also not that hot, winter is just around the corner and everyone was already with their warm jackets walking around. Susan was experiencing the worst moments of her life, having to work 2 jobs to keep up with her apartment bills and her college tuition. The dorms in her college were full and she couldn't find a new place just like magic, she makes her way after work every day to the bakery near her apartment to get the newspaper and. See the classified page.

" Susan! How are you today?"
" I am just as fine as yesterday, Mr Park"

The girl answered in her happy tone, even tho the girl had her demons she wasn't of bad heart at all. Her heart was big and warm to those whom she liked, the girl bid her goodbye to the man behind the counter and made her way to her apartment. She walked only 5 more minutes until she was in front of the old door, looking at it she lets out a sigh and grabs the keys inside her pocket the lobby door opens with her first keys and then she enters the old place, it had no security that's why the lobby door was always locked.
"I wish I could just be saved from this hell."

Susan says while putting the keys on the lock in her door and finally opening the door to her so-called home. The apartment was huge but the girl didn't have much. The place was empty, a small television set on the top of a coffee table and a small sofa. Slowly Susan walks to her room and throws her bag on her bed, she looks at herself in the mirror and tries her best to smile. She had dark circles under her eyes and she never felt more exhausted. Susan has raised her entire life in San Francisco but her parents are from Taiwan, she knows how to speak mandarin but she never used as she always went to schools where there were no Asian kids around. She lays the newspaper on her study table and grabs a new set of clothing making her way to the bathroom, the girl takes her bath calmly there was no rush is Saturday, tomorrow is her only day off and she couldn't be happier. The boiling hot water was running over her skin and she felt that it was the best thing on earth the sensation of burning and how it was hurting her, she alternated from hot to cold water a couple of times and then she turned the shower off, her hands reach to the towel and once. She feels the soft material in her skin she sighs she wanted to feel comfortable but for some reason, it was bothering the girl, nothing other than the hurting sensation was what she wanted to feel. She was now dry and in new clothes, looking in the mirror she felt like she wanted to scream, her long black natural hair was almost over her waist, her hair is the only thing she is most proud of, she cares about her hair more than she cares about her health, she only cuts 1 inch of her hair every 2 months. She puts the scissors down and walks to her room once again.

" This time...Just this time give me some light..."
Susan repeats in her head over and over while going to the classified page and look in the rental area of the page.
" Female looking for female roommate near Academy of Art. Between the ages of 18 to 25"
Susan smiled for seeing her college name, her college is in one of the best neighbourhoods of San Francisco, she looks at the name under the post.
" Ivy"

She repeats to herself, she looks at the timing and smile was still pretty early so she grabs her phone dialling the number. 1 ring... 2 rings.... 3 rings...

"Hello?"
A calm and low tone voice echoes from the other side of the line making Susan smile for no apparent reason making even her question herself to why she was smiling.

"Hi, my name is Susan and I wanted to know if your room is still available"

There is a small pause and then the girl starts talking once again.