Chapter 36: Confession

I took off my jacket and placed it on my chair's back supporter. Then our professor clasped his hands and said...

"Why do you all look gloomy today?"

The class looked at each other and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Alright. Make your way here in front and let's arrange your seats once again." He says.

Everyone groaned and others were muttering in complaint. I already thought that most of them were already comfortable with their seatmates and few weren't.

I went behind my classmates near the board beside the corner as I touched the bar of the board then I realized that Sanha stood beside me and I felt nervous as hell.

He looked at me and upon catching his gaze, I was too anxious that I averted mine away.

I heard our professor calling out their names and finding them seats.

Then I was surprised as someone tapped my finger from the bar— Sanha just did that. I looked at our fingers quite touching each other making my blood rush through my veins.

He smiled at me and the professor called him making him sit a seat away from the window on the left side at the last row. And there he was, looking straight into me from his seat.

Jesus, I feel like I don't want to be his seatmate for about 40% but I want to be close to him too for maybe—60%.

"Miss Aru."

My breath hitched as he called me.

"Yes sir." I said coolly.

"Sit beside the window by the last row."

"Uhh— beside Mister Yoon?" I asked once again. Some of my classmates giggled at my slow poke brain. Then Mirai looked at me and nods, while my professor just looked at me and waited.

"Go on." He says and they giggled as I walked to my seat. Shoot, I'm too nervous.

"Are you okay?" Sanha asked as I fixed my bag and jacket. My heart was too loud as he spoke to me.

"Uh... Yeah." I said.

"Why did you curl your hair?" he asked.

I immediately felt jittery.

"I-I just wanted to."

He sat leisurely and rested his right cheek on his palm as he says...

"You look pretty."

I didn't feel too nervous instead I found myself smile as I ran my hand through my nape quite biting my lower lip.

On break time, Sanha took his leave first and I took my jacket to approach Mirai.

"Mirai, let's eat." I offered. She took her wallet and locked her arm around mine.

"Let's go." She said. I felt more comfortable around her. And if any of you are asking if she was still wearing her glasses, I must say— No. Also, I admit that I agree about what Sanha have said that, she is really pretty.

"Mirai, you look pretty." I said looking at her with a smile. She blushed and looked back at me.

"I mean, not just today, ever since you changed which is not wearing your glasses, I saw your true beauty." I nudged her as I giggled and she did as well.

"Did I look gloomy when I was wearing those?" She asked. I felt afraid to tell her my thoughts... But, I should be honest with her.

"Y...eah, no offense. BUT, not too gloomy, you just seemed shy and looked nerdy also a bit unapproachable." I said, biting my lower lip. She laughed a little and breathed out.