What are you doing here?

Genre: Hurt/Comfort

Main focus: Philza and Tommy

CW: s*icidal thoughts and actions (nobody dies tho, dw)

Word count: 1345

I am simply ignoring C!Phil personality and I am gonna make him into a good father figure, since I need one in my life
----------------------------------------

Ever since the teen got out of prison, the place that he could call worse than hell, everything changed.

You see, dying and coming back to life by the hand of your worst enemy would of course leave some sort of trauma. Tommy has been through so much in his life and being locked up with Dream for several days worsened his mental health. It was like being in exile again, if not worse.

The poor kid panicked by a simple, playful punch to the arm, any sort of pain would result in a painful shock and a full blown panic attack. He went through so much, thinking he would be able to stay strong no matter what and yet, this has been the breaking point for him.

Thinking nobody cared anymore didn't help either. The blond thought his best friend didn't bother anymore, found somebody else as a replacement. He still couldn't get that stare out of his mind - Tubbo looking at him like he wasn't even real, constantly following him around like a ghost..
The only people he could trust betrayed him, so who could be holding him back anymore?

Going to the Nether, thinking it was the best choice, the young Brit walked to the edge he's been to way too many times to count in his exile days.

Sitting down, the brightness of lava underneath his feet burned his eyes and yet he couldn't stop staring. He was just a kid. He was tired of this life of constant suffering, of people targeting him and relying on him to solve everything.

Everything in his sight became blurry as tears ran down his cheeks. Was this some sort of punishment? Did he really deserve everybody's hate or betrayal, when all he ever wanted was to heal, move on and be happy?

"I can't... I can't fucking do this anymore."

As the teen sat there and sobbed, another person entered the place, though through a different portal, not knowing anybody else was there.

Stretching his back, the elder man sighed. He hated this place, he couldn't fly there as much as he'd liked to, thanks to the unbearable heat.

Without wanting to spend any more time here, the blond moved forward, following the cobblestone path they built.

Meanwhile, Tommy was still sitting at the edge. "Maybe- Maybe if I'll jump in the lava and my body will burn in it, he won't be able to bring me back again.. Maybe I'll finally have the peace I wanted, even if it means coming back to.. Wilbur, in the afterlife... But Dream wants to revive him anyway, so it doesn't matter..."

Inching slowly towards the open space, the teen was ready to jump. To finally let go. He was convinced this would be the best to do and with that mindset, he was saying his last goodbyes.

Phil on the other hand almost reached the main portal area, being stopped by the sight of a person sitting dangerously close to the edge and it seemed.. they were pushing themselves towards the lava. "What the hell.. Who is that?"

Walking a bit closer, but not to let himself be known, the unknown person eventually turned out to be.. "Tommy? What the fuck is he doing there? Is he...Oh shit."

Standing still turned into a desperate run to keep the young boy away from his actions and as the older Brit was ready to yell the other one's name, Tommy let go, pushing himself off of the edge, closing his eyes.

"TOMMY!!"

Opening his wings, the man didn't care about the burning heat, all that mattered was to save the kid from his actions before it was too late. Jumping down after him, Phil tried to catch up, helping himself with his wings.

Luckily he was quick to act, so he could catch the young blond in time before hitting the burning liquid.

"What the fuck-" Opening his blue eyes, the Brit has been welcomed by the face of the old man. "Phil what-"

Without any words exchanged, the hybrid flew back up, before he'd loose the strength in his wings.

Eventually he could let go, setting the young one on the ground next to the portal. Of course, he was immediately met with the teen backing away.

"Tommy what the fuck were you thinking? Why would you even do such a thing?"

"Shut up, I don't have to tell you anything! Why don't you fuck off and go back to your beloved Technoblade!"

"That's also a way of thanking me for saving your life.."

The young teen chuckled, bitterness in his voice. "You think I will thank you for saving me, when all I wanted was to have some fucking peace after everything??"

"What do you me-"

"I mean, it's always me who has to suffer, so why can't I, for once, take my life into my own hands and do something I want to! I built a hotel with Sam Nook, I was ready to start healing and then boom! I got stuck in that bloody prison with Dream, got beaten to death and brought back to life, only to leave and have everybody treat me like shit or like I am a ghost! Oh and did I forget to mention? Fucking Jack Manifold stole my hotel! I-"

Shakily inhaling to control his voice, the blond didn't want a voice crack to happen. And yet as he paused to breathe, a realisation kicked in, making his voice quieter and softer. "I don't have anything anymore. Again. Just like when I was exiled."

Even if the older man didn't care about the teen, the voices in his head pleaded to comfort the poor child, to reassure him everything was going to be okay.. This situation was different for him to not care.

"Mate.. Listen.." Quietly sighing, Phil tried to change his voice tone into a more caring one. Just like he used to when Wilbur was younger.

"I know that things seem really shitty now and they may feel impossible to get through, but you were through so much already, you can't give up now."

Looking into the dark blue eyes, the younger blond chuckled. "And why are you suddenly telling me all of this? Why do you even give a shit about me??"

"Because, I know you are just a kid who wasn't allowed to have the childhood he wanted. I know behind all that anger is a boy who just wants to heal. Technoblade may not like you, since you betrayed us, but I.. Well, I don't really have the same mindset as him."

"..Why? You helped him destroy L'manberg, why are you telling me suddenly you are different-"

Crossing arms on his chest, the guy slightly laughed. "That nation had to go, even if you don't realize it yet. Tubbo suffered by being a president, I mean- What kind of logic was it to put a 17 years old boy in charge of a whole nation. But that's not my point - you are forgetting I.. Had a son too. I watched him grow up and I know how you teens work, so I am not really mad at you for choosing Tubbo no matter what. You two basically grew up with each other and are inseparable, no wonder you chose your best friend over some dude you knew for a few months and an old man you never met.."

After the longer speech, silence fell between the two, only lava bubbling underneath has been heard. "...Yeah, I guess so.."

Walking past the teen, Phil ruffled his hair with a smile. "Now come on, let's leave this place. It's not good for my wings and I bet it's not good for your mental health as well. I can help you deal with Jack if you want."

"...Sure old man, whatever." 

Tommy would never admit he was grateful, especially to Phil, the man who destroyed his home, but... Deep down he felt so happy somebody cared and helped him from his dumb actions in time.

Writer's note:

If the DSMP won't give me comforting content I shall write it myself.