Chapter 67

Once you do know what the question actually is, you’ll know what the answer means

-

When you try your best, but you don’t succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can’t sleep
Stuck in reverse

Mr Kim had come over to their house again, the night before the trial to just let everyone know the proceedings and how it was all going to work out. Mr Kim was confident that because of the eight of them, that Kai was going to be saved and the others were going to be finally freed from the guilt they had over themselves.

Hana and the others were downright relieved, as it stressed them for the past week.

"Good work Hana, I must say what you did was extremely dangerous but you did the right thing." Mr Kim addressed her and she just shyly nodded in thanks. Everyone saw him off and bid him farewell until tomorrow.

The last piece of the puzzle placed and resolved.

Hoseok was actually with them that day. The day after the incident with Taemin, news obviously got round to Hoseok through Jimin and he rushed to the house as soon as he could, hugging Hana incredibly tightly he didn't dare let go for a good hour.

Since then, he apologised and joined them back with the group. He missed them, all of them and apparently Dawon had gone behind his back and befriended Momo, convincing her that what Hana and everyone was doing was a good thing.

They were all back together now, nervous about tomorrow's events but anticipating for things to finally come to a bittersweet end.

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can’t replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

That night, they all slept in the livingroom of the home, bundled up in blankets and pillows with the soft crackles of the warm fire running.

It was finally warming up, the snow had lessened in the last few days and signs of spring was finally arriving. The warmth of everyone's comfort made Hana want this feeling forever.

The morning came in the blink of an eye as everyone got ready for the main event of the day. The boys dressed in suits while Hana, dressed in a simple respectful dress. She was nervous, they all were as they attended and sat on the wooden benches of the court room.

Taehyung had politely introduced Mr and Mrs Yoo to them as they attended the trial for their lost daughter. A heartbreaking sight for anyone.

Hana noticed, Aera, Taemin and Momo seated on one of the front benches, the court was starting so she held off her greetings to them.

Kai was brought into the room, handcuffed and seated on one of the pedestals. Aera nearly burst out into worried cries seeing him up there as Momo tried to gently assure the girl.

The judge speaks, describing the harsh realities of Yoo Rias' death and the upsetting sobs of her parents having to hear and relive the death of their own daughter. Taehyung sat with them to soothe Mrs Yoo.

"I believe the defendant has already admitted his crimes of the murder of Yoo Rias."

"Objection" Mr Kim spoke up, the judge proceeded for him to speak.

"The defendant only admitted to the crime to protect the true reason behind the death of Yoo Rias. You see, he does not have a solid motive to murder one of his best friends." Mr Kim continued, "to back up this claim, Mr and Mrs Yoo had provided photographic evidence of their long friendship, admitting that there was no bad blood between them."