3

You stoke the fire close enough to the flame that sweat begins to collect along your brow. You stand and dust off your trousers.
"Well that should do it," you glance at phil's who lays across the couch with an animal fur draped over him. He smiles. "Thank you for tonight, I owe you,"
Biting your lip as you sink into the rocker you hum. Another thought on your mind.
"Hey, Actually I wanted to ask you something,"
He nods letting you know to go ahead. "I've heard from a friend of mine that there's an arsonist going around who happens to look like you,"
His soft gaze falls and he tenses. "I don't want to talk about it,"
Between people close to him trying to turn him in and being wanted, It felt like everyone was out to get him. Was there any safe place to stay?

There's a new tension in the air. You squirm. "So it is you,"
Phil gulps and shifts ever so slightly in case of needing to make a break. Though you show no sign of moving, but that just what you want him to think, right?
"Well, no need to run at all. That wound's pretty nasty. I'll turn you in when it heals. You're fine until then,"

You took him in willingly. Now here he lay, wounded and vulnerable; open for you to dispose of him and take the money up for grabs. Yet you make no move.
"You could just kill me now," he tests. Your eyes waver from the fire to his eager gaze. The light dancing in his eyes makes them look green.
"No, I don't kill people." "Was that a shot at me?"
You sigh and stand to make your way into the kitchen. "Maybe,"

Phil falls silent. Pulling down two cups you reach into the sink and pull up the pitcher of tea. "Tea?" Phil keeps his eyes locked on the fire. "Yeah,"
It grows uncomfortably quiet as you pour the tea into the glasses. Setting the pitcher back down to pick up the glasses and walk over to phil. Placing his glass infront of him on the table you take a seat back in your rocker.
"Thanks," he mutters. You stay quiet. The tea warms you on the inside. You watch him as he takes a sip from his glass. His wings hovering around his side idly.
A few more moments of silence pass before you abruptly stand and place your glass in the sink. "I'm off to bed," you narrow your eyes at him. Phil shakes his head. "I'm not going anywhere,"