15

The walk seemed like it drug on for weeks. When you finally reached the cabin you were more than happy to fall asleep immediately, leaving Phil and Techno to talk privately about what happened.

"So you're telling me that she was going to turn you in but then decided against it." Phil nodded "and then this Jonathan guy took you and was going to turn you in but you planned escape?" Phil nodded again.

"Yep, correct."

Techno fell silent, his eyebrows tightly knit together in thought. One of the very few times he was ever without his cape or mask. He was misunderstood to be a murderer, in reality he was but not in the way most people thought.
He was powerful, loyal, and a man true to his words.

"Can I trust that they won't do anything?" He asked. Phil nodded.

Your light snores caught Phil's attention, looking over he smiled. Curled up on the couch you snuggled into the blanket covering you. The shadows from the fire dancing across your face.
Phil yawned, and looked over at Techno sleepily. "Well mate, it's been a long few days, I'm gonna hit the hay." Both pushing out their chairs and standing each one made their way to different areas.
Before walking upstairs to his room techno turn ed to Phil. "There's an extra bed down stairs if you'd like to sleep there."

Phil looked up at his friend with a smile, "Thanks mate but I'm good right here." He patted the mat and nodded. Techno nodded backs and made his way to his room, footsteps fading as he strayed further away.

Clearing his throat Phil laid his head on the pillow below him and looked up at you asleep on the couch above him.
You were the highlight of his adventure this time. You were an amazing person and truly kind, you were sassy at times though but he like that.

The sun was high in the sky when you woke the next morning. Below you was an empty mat, you could only assume it was Phil's. Sitting up with a yawn and brushing your hair out of your face, you stretched.

"Morning!" Phil called from the kitchen. You stood and walked over to your winged companion. Soot coming and trotting over, their loud mewls filling the space. They rubbed against your legs. With a smile you leaned down and patted them.

"Has Soot eaten?" You asked.

"Yeah, I fed them this morning." He paused, taking a pancake from the pan and laying it on a plate. Turning to you he held out the plate, "Here. Forks are in the drawer over there."

Taking the plate from his hand you opened the drawer and pulled out a fork, closing it and sitting down at the table you began eating; Taking your time to look around and get situated.
The house was smaller than you expected but it was nice. The lanterns that hun on chains above you had long sizzled out and would be re-lit in the night.
With a sigh you looked at Phil who took a seat in front of you.
"What do we do today?" You asked.

"We try and lay low. I talked to Techno last night about it. He said that since Jonathan won't be coming back the guard might go looking for him."
Your stomach churned at the thought of Jonathan not coming back.

"He was a good person Phil, they just took him and twisted his mind." You sighed, the images from yesterday's events coming back.

"You ok mate?" His brows knit tightly together in worry. He knew that you and Jonathan were close so he expected you to be affected. In all honesty you handled it better that eh thought you would.
It would be a bit before you got better, but he would help you all throughout it.