Chapter 18 - Part 3

"It's useless!" Maree cried. He slumped in the library chair sighing loudly and over the top letting the other know that he is foregoing all will to live.

"Stop being so dramatic. We'll find it..." Camila made a pause. "Eventually." she laughed nervously. "This library is huge, we found that book on the Hund'ui people, I'm sure there's something on the Az'teh as well. Though I was sure I put the one I read back near that bookshelf over there." She took a moment to trace her steps then looked for it once more.

"Give it up, Cams. Someone probably took it." Maree said disparaged.

"Who else would be interested in the Az'teh?" Tasgal pitched in then saw Camila's annoyed gaze land on him. "Aside from a talented Wielder we all know and love." After an approving nod, Camila returned to her search and Tasgal looked at Haiden with a raised eyebrow to which Haiden shrugged.

"Right, I think we should call it a day. It's already past curfew." Maree said with a yawn. "We can always ask the librarian, if we ever find her again. Where is that old lady anyways?"

"Who knows! She's always missing when you need her." Camila said over her shoulder.

"You two go ahead, I'll help Haiden look for a moment longer. The curfew for Ashen is not as strict anyways."

Maree and Camila looked at each other but didn't say anything. They silently gathered their things and said their goodbyes. Haiden waited for them to be well outside the building before he turned to Tasgal.

"Way to make it seem weird, Tas." He finally said.

"What? I just wanted a moment alone with you." Tasgal approached Haiden, brushing his hand gently over his.

"What if the librarian comes in?" Haiden said and took a step back. Tasgal followed suit and took a step forward.

"She's just as blind and deaf as any two hundred year old." His hand wrapping around Haiden's waist, he pulled him closer so that their bodies touched, sharing the warmth.

"This is not the place, Tas." Haiden tried to push him away, but his resolve was not there. He too wanted it with every fiber of his being. Tasgal's breath washed over his face. It was surprisingly fresh, tickling his skin. "You let your beard grow." Haiden said in a whisper.

"Do you like it?" Tasgal scratched as his stubble. "You said you liked the way it felt." He said in Haiden's ear as he leaned over, slowly rubbing his cheek on Haiden's.

"I do," he said, choking on his own breath. "It suits you quite well, mister Ashen warrior."

"It does? Good to know." He chuckled then turned his head, landing his hot lips on Haiden's jaw. Shivers went through Haiden's spine as his legs weakened. "Your face is so red and adorable." Tasgal said reaching with one hand to take a stray lock of dark hair away from Haiden's face. He involuntarily winced as Tasgal's trained coarse fingers touched his delicate forehead.

"Shut up!" Haiden said embarrassed and quickly nestled his face in Tasgal's chest. It fit to perfection. "If you keep this up, you'll have to scrape me off the floor. You idiot." Haiden whispered in Tasgal's shirt.

"Just one kiss, and I'll let you go." Tasgal tightened his hold on Haiden's waist with his left hand, and his right reached for his chin, lifting his head up to meet his amber gems.

"Just one." Haiden repeated and squinted his eyes shut, preparing himself for a flood of emotion. Tasgal leaned further in and hovered just above Haiden's lips, taking his time, teasing him. He allowed himself to be drawn in by Haiden's breath as he craved to be touched. It burned. Every time their lips touched together a smoldering sensation overcame them, a sensation which implanted itself in their minds for hours and even days.Haiden opened his mouth letting Tasgal's tongue in and their jaws moved in a synchronous dance of desire.