the tell tale heart

Skye stood by the window of her room watching down the driveway, she doesn't feel anything she had a blank face.

She sigh, and walk to the bathroom to take a shower thank the heavens all her wounds are now healed.

She stood before the mirror naked, Skye hates mirrors they bring bad memories the dreams and flashbacks she clutch her head and quickly move away from the mirror.

She relaxed when the warm water in the bath hit her skin. She didn't want to go to lunch and face her mother, she wasn't ready.

To be honest, both her and her mother's been avoiding each other while Charlotte felt ashamed to face her daughter. On Skye's end she didn't want to lose her family that will break her dad's heart like it did her.

She sigh and get ready, she had bags under her eyes from lack of sleeping she's been having nightmares about the bullshit she went through.

She visibly shake remembering about it, who would have thought her mother would do something like this. Well, it makes sence now, the way she always defended him.

Sky wore a bit of concealer to light up her eyes and some blush to make her looks a bit lively.

"Oh look at you dear are you okay" she was meet with her grandmother. Even when she lives all the way on the other half of the world she still travels here after hearing skye went missing. "Hello grandma" Skye smiles.

"How are you feeling" she ask and skye shrugs. "I'm fine." , "I'm glad" .

"Everyone is outside already including you dad" Skye sweat a little remembering her conversation with him.

Flashbacks

Skye walk to her dad's study and knock on the door gently . "You called me dad" skye ask, "yes I did" .

"Baby I'm not mad at you for who you love or choose to love but, baby you cannot let yourself go to someone who will hurt you" skye looks down in practically shamed.

It's crazy after all this she didn't feel a bit of hate in her heart for him _ she just doesn't.

"In love or lust theirs no such thing as age, your practically an adult now but what hurt me is that it's been going on for years, you were underage for him" he continues. "And he-he hurt you baby" his voice crack a little.

"H-he- rape you I even heard, skye baby why didn't you tell me or your mother about any of this" skyes teeth gritted at the Mention of her mother.

"I thought I lost my baby girl, w-when I couldn't find y-you I almost went crazy. This is not the kind of man you should love baby" he was crying now.

"Dad I'm so sorry" she whispered as she hugs him. "I love you mom so much and I cannot even think of touch a hair on her head" skye clutch his suit, her dad loves her mother so much if he learn something like this he will hate her.

"I'm sorry dad" she hugs him tighter.

Flashbacks over.

"Oh there you are" the very pregnant Melania says, and Skye smiles. "Hi" she greeted.

Skye was in a trance as everyone talks about her disappearance weeks back, this was hurting her brains it's like she was having an episode.

"It's gladly he didn't hurt her more" her grandmother says.

Everyone had the look of pitied on their eyes.
"Me and Charlotte was so worried" her dad says. Skye bite into her burger and place it down.

Skye makes a brief eye contact with her mother, and she reluctantly look away.

Charlotte wanted to apologize but what would she says, 'im sorry for selling you to a man' she felt like her foot was in the same shoes.

She looked at her family, she could loose all this in just a word.

"Right Charlotte?" Mr Miller took her out of her trance. "Yes I'm glad" she respond akwardly.

"Are you though" skye interupted, everyone's attention were on her.

Tears was streaming out of skye's face. "I-im sorry?" Charlotte stutters. "Are you glad, didn't wish that I died there with your little secret" skyes voice crack in the end.

"Skye bab-" her dad started but got caught off by skye. "No dad ask her what happened to me, tell everyone what you did" she scream.
"What's happening" London ask.

"S-she sold me to him" skye says, some eyes shows confusion, some shows shock.
"What" mr Miller ask. "when he raped me all those years ago, he had a right because he paid pretty money for it" Charlotte looks down in shamed.

"What money when?" Mr Miller questions none of this was making sense he demanded answer.
"Three years ago,Miller corp was going bankrupt, you dad was desperate for a alliance with him, but he kept denying the deal" he nodded. "She went behind you back in attempt to seduce him into signing the contract but he wanted something else, he offered to sign the contract if my mom agreed to sold me which she did" skye glares at her.

"That's not true" mr Miller repeat again and again. "I says it's not true tell me it's not true" he roared. "I-it is" everyone gasp. Some left the table some stayed.

"How could you, how could you do that" he chants. "You know I would loose my business 100th times and choose my family" he was almost crying. Was Charlotte a complete different person than the woman he thought he loved?.

"I-im so sorry" Charlotte sob. "You don't know how guilty I feel about this" she sob. "You knew where she was" mr Miller ask calmly. "Answer me?" He shouts. "Y-yes" she respond. "Yet you were here with me panicking like I was" he says.

"You are a monster Charlotte your a monster" he says. "I can't be here longer, if my family the family I love  fall im going to blame you" he simply says as he walked out.

London sat rubbing his pregnant girlfriend's belly the stress was not good for her. "Baby go back take rest" he says and melania walk away as did most people.
"I warned you about Charlotte" Charlotte's mom simply says as she walks away. Her relationship with her daughter was never good she always found Charlotte as a show off. Someone who would do anything to have class in society. To be honest, this did not shock her.

"Mom?" He questions, his heart break seeing her face it was mold in tears. "I-im s-so sorry" Charlotte chants again and again. "I don't know what to say mom, that's not cool at all" he shake his head.
"Skye baby i-" skye glared at her.

"I don't want to hear it mother" she scoff.

"Come look at this" Melania says guiding everyone to the family room.
"His getting arrested" Skye's eyes widen.
"He is going to jail" London smiles.

Skye was nonchalant, knowing the police couldn't touch him unless he let them. "But how? did you press charges" London ask skye. "I-i pleaded a case" Charlotte respond.
"I'm glad you thought you did something" Skye smirk

Skye climb the stairs.

"I'm going to pack I'm leaving for new York tonight, I can't be here another second"