eleven

today harry kicked ethan in the crotch.

it happened in gym class. they were running rounds on the field, and ethan had pushed harry on the grass. harry felt more confident than usual. this had left him raging. he really just wished to know what the fuck ethan's problem was. he didn't even feel threatened by him anymore, he just felt bad for the guy. today he just wouldn't tolerate anyone treating him like this.

the look on ethan's face was priceless. and harry seemed to have gained people at school's respect after the incident. harry quite well loved the newfound positive attention he was getting.

"harry!" harry turned at the sound of someone calling his name. niall was running towards him. "you kicked his ass, harry," niall exclaimed and panted, resting his hands on his knees in exhaustion.

"i did!" harry jumped up and down a few times.

"he so deserved that. i swear, everyone is silently thanking you right now."

niall brought an arm around harry's shoulders and the pair walked away from the field. harry giggled, "i guess i took one for the team today."

niall smiled at him. he almost seemed proud. "wanna skip gym and go out and get some ice cream? it's on me."

"sure! i love ice cream," harry nodded.

when they ordered, harry felt a cold breeze on the back of his neck. he didn't think much of it, even though it was a completely windless summer noon.

the ice cream man was just about to hand harry his vanilla ice cream cone, when he suddenly started freezing, teeth clappering uncontrollably.

"are you okay, h?" niall said in a worried tone. he accepted the cone on his behalf and rubbed harry's back.

after seconds, harry was okay again. he widened his eyes, really confused. what just happened? then he looked behind the ice cream truck and saw glimpses of a silhouette.

then it clicked.

what the hell was louis doing way out of the mansion without harry?

"uh, will you excuse me," harry mumbled and dashed to the back of the truck. he saw louis and he blushed when he remembered their last interaction no longer than a week ago.

"what are you doing here?" harry said. louis smiled at him, "hey, honey," he laughed. harry didn't know if the pet name was intended to come off as a joke, but he couldn't help but blush again.

"i'm just, i was just wondering why you weren't coming home like you usually are by now."

"so you followed me here? are you crazy?" harry scolded. "i'm getting ice cream with niall."

"aw, you can't be mad at me. i'm too adorable," louis said, locking his pale arms around harry's waist. harry swatted him off, "you have to go, louis. i'll see you at home."

louis groaned and rolled his eyes, but did as harry pleased, and disappeared into thin air.

"what was that?" niall said with furrowed eyebrows as he handed harry his ice cream. niall himself had already ate his own ice creamed while harry was speaking to louis.

"oh, nothing, i just, i was just, uh, having a smoke," harry stuttered and stepped on a random cigarette on the ground. he quickly took the ice cream and stuffed it in his mouth so he could shut up.

"you smoke?"

•••

louis was drawing circles on his back. he was lying on louis' chest, constantly worrying that he would just fall through him at any point.

he sat up on the couch and rested his head on louis' shoulder instead. both his mom and robin were working late tonight.

ever since their kiss, harry had been wanting to kiss with louis again. and again, and then again. he was just too scared to be the one to take the initiative.

and louis was apparently too dumb to take the hints harry had been giving him throughout this whole evening. such as leaning dangerously close to his face. licking his lips an awful lot. even lying on his goddamned chest.

"for god's sake will you kiss me already," harry cried out, breaking the comfortable silence and startling louis.

but then he smirked. "your wish is my command," he said, grabbing harry's waist gently and bringing their lips together in a soft kiss.

harry smiled against louis' lips in pleasure. he straddled louis' lap to deepen the kiss. he shocked both himself and louis with his newfound confidence.

then he pulled away to smile down at louis. "you know, i totally kicked ethan's butt today," he said proudly.

louis raised both eyebrows. "the guy who's been bothering you?" he asked carefully to which harry nodded.

"that's my boy," louis grinned and squeezed harry's waist. "please don't hesitate to tell me if you need me to kill him off completely, though."

harry laughed, "i won't." he then turned more serious and got off louis' lap to sit down beside him. "speaking of boys... what are we?"

louis frowned. "we're boyfriends," he said as if it was a dumb question. harry smiled and blushed. he cuddled into louis' side.

they fell asleep like that.