EPILOGUE

THURSDAY. 6:30 AM

The golden sliver of early sunlight that streamed through her partly curtained windows woke Jisoo up. There was a particular softness to the ambiance of this morning; the birds were twittering, what little view of the sky she could see promised a bright day, there was a piano music playing somewhere in her apartment, and the warmth of the woman next to her

Jisoo reached out an arm to the other side of the bed and it came back empty. Jennie's usual spot was vacant and it probably have been for a while because the pillow and sheets were cold.

"Babe?" Jisoo grunted and raised her head to look around the bedroom.

"Hi," her girlfriend's beautiful face popped out from the doorway, she was still wearing her pajamas but now topped with an apron. "Good morning, gorgeous."

"Hi," an automatic smile lit up her face as she propped up on her elbows and beckoned Jennie closer. "Why are you up so early?"

"I'm making breakfast," Jennie climbed on the bed and straddled her, wrapping her arms around Jisoo's neck as she gave a quick kiss. The latter regarded the girl on her lap through her still heavy lids.

"But why so early?"

"Don't you know what day it is?" Jennie asked back, an eyebrow up.

"Yesterday was Wednesday so I guess it's Thursday?" Jisoo said, hands resting on her girlfriend's waist. "Unless I slept for 24 hours which is very unlikely..."

"Seriously...?" Jennie's face sobered as she stared at her in disbelief. "You don't really remember the significance of this day?"

Jisoo grinned but still kept up with the charade. "What?"

"Ummm..."

"I can't with you," Jennie rolled her eyes as she moved to get up from the bed. "Wait, wait," Jisoo laughed as she tightened her hold around her waist to prevent her from getting away. "I know what today is, I'm sorry."

"Why do you like messing around so much?" Jennie sighed but didn't protest when Jisoo started kissing her neck.

"You're just so cute, I can't help it."

"I have some plans for tonight so..."

"I have a suggestion," Jisoo whispered as her mouth moved over Jennie's ear. "Why don't we just stay in bed the whole day? We can have some food delivered."

"Tempting," Jennie squished her cheeks with both hands.

you have work and I won't have Irene unnie ranting on me about it like the last four times you skipped work."

Jisoo pouted in reply. "Why don't we make it five? Those were fun."

"Babe..."

"I'm kidding!"

Jennie finally disentangled herself from Jisoo's grasp and got off the bed. "Go shower, I'll have breakfast ready."

"You're not gonna join me?" Jisoo grinned suggestively.

"No," Jennie replied after spending some time considering the idea. It was meant as a joke for Jisoo but if Jennie took it seriously then... well, she ain't gonna complain, that's for sure.

"Oh, and I have a meeting with a client this afternoon so I'll just meet you at the bar after work?" Jennie added as Jisoo started making the bed. "You okay with that?"

"Sure," Jisoo nodded and smiled. "But don't be late."

Jennie was late.

Jisoo sighed as she put her phone down after receiving a text from her girlfriend that she's still on the road.