Chapter 6

Miley POV

It was 7 in the morning and I was already wide awake. I didn't want to wake up Demi or Nick so I just stayed where I was. You could only hear the sound of our breathing. I figured they would wake up soon and only half an hour later they woke up. 

Demi saw my eyes were open and we began to talk but after a while, she and I just listened to the silence. I lay awake just thinking about what had happened the previous night. The fight, the kiss, the tears. Did it all really happen? Everyone was wide awake and what happened next definitely proved that last night was not a nightmare but was my reality.

"So apparently Liam and Miley just got into a huge fight. We have evidence of this as Miley was sitting in her car, with tears stained on her cheeks as well as her makeup all over her face. She was still in her VMA's dress and we could see she was on the phone. One of our paps followed her and now we can see Miley outside Demi's house. And where there are 2 Disney stars, a Jonas brother is not far behind. Now we can see this photo of both of their cars outside Demi Lovato's house. Thank you for watching *** news, I am your host, **** ******, and hope to see you again soon." 

Our mouths were open as we watched that news segment. As we were flipping through all of the channels, all of them were about Liam and I. I looked at my phone to check the time, and I saw over 100 messages and phone calls. They were from friends, family, producers, magazines everyone was asking me what had happened. Demi started walking over to the window and as she opened the curtain, I saw dozens and dozens of paparazzi waiting outside her gates for us to exit her house.

"Miles I think we will have to figure another way out," Demi stated as if I did not already know.

I look at Nick, but he is still smiling. He doesn't take his eyes off of me until I make the decision to go to the kitchen to get something to eat. I find some fruit and take some toast with me back to the couch. I first call my mum and dad to tell them what happened between Liam and I as I had about 10 missed calls and messages from them. I go to the room and facetime them so they can see that I am okay.

"Hi, Mom!"

"Miley please tell me you are okay. I have tried to call you a million times but it kept going straight to voicemail."

I heard a voice in the background faintly say, "Is that Miley, let me talk to her."

Dad popped onto the screen beside Mom and said the exact same thing she said, "Miley are you okay. I have tried to call you a bunch of times but it kept going straight to voicemail."

"Dad, I am perfectly fine."

"What is going on with you and Liam?" Mom asks

I hesitated "We are breaking up."

"Is everything okay?" My dad asks as he always had a soft spot for Liam

"I just needed to make the healthy decision for myself and take time away."

"Okay love. Stay safe, love you, and please stay in contact with us in some way."

"I will. Love you too Mom. Bye."

I hung up the phone and went back into the living room to join Nick and Demi.

I knew I needed to talk to Nick, but right now was not a good time. Unfortunately, he thought it was a perfect time to discuss our relationship and we go into the same room I was just in.

"Nick, you and I both know that I have loved you since we met at that charity event and that I will always love you. When you left me I was heartbroken and in so much pain, you wouldn't imagine. I felt as if I were about to throw up. You said the other day that you love me too, but how can I believe that after what you did all those years ago? You said you loved me and then you put me through so much suffering. I moved with my parents to Florida. I never told them what happened that night but I never broke a single rule and I listened to everything they said. I talked to your brothers probably once a month to let them know I am okay and just to catch up. You have no idea what I went through after that night."

"Miles, I am so sorry. I was wasted that night. I couldn't handle my emotions and I felt like... like I didn't want anyone in my life. I couldn't deal with anyone that day." He began tearing up as he looked towards the floor. "When I saw my dad, I could see the power he held... and I wanted to feel it. I wanted to have the feeling that I was in charge. I know that this might not change anything but I will say sorry as many times as you want me to and I will do anything that can make you forgive me." 

I didn't know what to feel, but I knew at this moment, I knew I could trust him... and I know he will not hurt me.

With a grin on my face, I kiss him passionately and when I pull back I ask with a smirk, "Does that answer your question?" He quickly kisses me back with more passion and emotion and then embraced in a hug. Just like old times. 

Nick POV

I don't remember the last time I hugged a girl and felt this way. Her hair had a coconutty smell and her body fit right in mine. Her head lay on my shoulders and I could feel her breathing onto my neck. Every hot breath that fell upon me, made me fall even more in love.

I could feel my phone vibrating but I let it go to voicemail. Not a few seconds after, it began vibrating again and I could see that my brother, Joe, had called me about 3 times before. I finally picked up after I released my grip from Miley and went out of the room. 

"Joe, what the hell man! Miley and I were..." I trailed off, knowing that Joe would make it a bigger situation than it actually is.

"You can continue." He always wants to know everything and I know he won't give it up until I say.

"Fine. Miley and I are going to be a couple again. We are really excited and very in love so whatever you say won't make a difference." As an older brother, Joe always tries to protect me from any harm that could come my way but he was speechless. "Joe?"

"I know you two will make an incredible couple. You always have, ever since you were teens you were Niley. Just... please don't hurt her. I love you bro, and I hope she makes you happy. Bye, I got to go now." and he leaves me on the other end, as I am still unable to understand what he just said. 

I go back to where Miley is and she is on the phone and looking out the window at crowds of paparazzi that have covered the roads. I hear her say "Come to Demi's house."  but when she hears the door close and she brings her focus onto me.

"Is everything okay? I just called my driver and bodyguard to pick me up. Who called you?"

"Yeah, that was just Joe. I told him about our relationship status."

"Nick you know, technically I am still engaged to Liam." and she looks down onto the big rock on her finger. "I think to finally end my engagement, I will need to make my relationship status more public than just telling your brother."

"What do you suggest?"