Chapter 1: I Kidnapped My Idols

Dani's POV:

"Dani!" Evelyn yells. "Guess what?"

"We're going to the concert?" I ask, sliding down the banister and landing neatly on the floor in front of my sisters.

"Yes, of course we are," Brooklyn says impatiently. "It was decided a year ago."

"Front row seats?" I guess.

"Duh." Evelyn rolls her eyes.

"Meet and greet passes?"

"Clearly."

"What, then?" I say, exasperated. Why are they being so...ungrateful? Most girls are stuck in the back or the middle, with no chance of meeting the boys. That is, if they even go to the concerts. But my sisters act like all of that is something they should and therefore do have. It's... bratty.

"Well, while you were in your room reading," Evelyn says scathingly, her distaste for books clear in her voice, "Brook and I put our heads together and figured out a plan to win Zayn for me, and Harry for her. Of course, we remembered you, and decided you can have Niall."

She speaks of Niall dismissively, like most Directioners do. I don't get why they don't like Niall as much as the others. I suppose everyone's entitled to their opinions, though. Just because I love all the boys equally doesn't mean that other girls can't like some and not others.

Brooklyn leans in to whisper in my ear. "We decided that we'll kidnap the boys."

What? Is she serious? Trying to meet the boys is one thing, stalking them is a bit different, but kidnapping them? This is ridiculous.

"You can't," I whisper, but I know it's no use. Evelyn and Brooklyn would never listen to me.

***

A few weeks later, Evelyn is driving me and Brooklyn to the concert. We're very early, so I try to find the boys and warn them, but they must be busy preparing backstage. I hope Evelyn and Brooklyn don't get away with this. That will be terrible.

After quite a while the concert begins. They sing so many of my favorites: Best Song Ever, Diana, Midnight Memories, Strong, but I am too worried to appreciate the music.

Finally the concert is over and I rush to the boys. "Hey," I begin awkwardly. "I'm Dani. There's something I really need to tell you."

Before I can warn them, Evelyn and Brooklyn appear, each one on either side of me.

"That I love you all and can't imagine life without your music," I reluctantly finish. It's true, but I want to warn them.

"Daniella, darling," Brooklyn says condescendingly, "go look at the merchandise available. See if there's anything desirable."

Gritting my teeth at the use of my real name, I drag myself away from my idols. The merch is cool, but just like with the actual singing, I'm too scared to appreciate it.

Just as I grab a T-shirt, Evelyn comes. She takes the shirt out of my hands and drags me back to her car.

Evelyn and Brooklyn exchange looks of satisfaction as she drives away. No. God, no.

I kidnapped my idols.

***

When we get home, Evelyn and Brooklyn open the trunk of Evelyn's car. Sure enough, Harry, Zayn, and Niall are huddled together.

"Bring them in!" Brooklyn scolds me.

The boys look up. Their eyes land on me, showing anger only.