Chapter 61

I feel as though I am ice and he is fire, We are so completely different yet the same...

The moment the car stopped outside the entrance of the hotel, Shehnaaz opened the car door and hoped out. Without even sparing a glance at her husband or brother, she walked inside. Sidharth sighed as he tapped the dashboard in front. This was not at all the way he had anticipated the evening to look like. On a second thought, if he hadn't been busy teasing her the whole day around, he would have guessed her reaction beforehand.

"O, thodi der m mood theek ho jaayega iska" Shehbaz said, looking outside at the hotel enterance, through which her sister had just stormed in. Sidharth forced a smile and nodded, "pta hai, iske mood swings-" he shook his head. Shehbaz laughed and parked the car aside.

Both men exited the car and stood leaning against the trunk.
"Ye lo" Shehbaz said handing him the key. He smiled and took the car key, thanking Shehbaz for it.
"Thank you di lod nhi. Aur dekhna moto ka mood kl kaise changa hojayega jb surprise pta chlega".

"Hope so" Sidharth said, smiling to himself, "Qiran aa rhi hai pick krne?" he asked.
"Haan, m gate pe Khada hota hu, gadi ghumane m mushkil nhi hogi" Shehbaz said, standing up straighter. Sidharth too did the same and pulled Shehbaz into a manly hug. They said their good byes to each other before walking in opposite directions.

The night was breezy, cold yet not the one to freeze your bones but the one to give you a soft pink glow on your cheeks. In India winter is often referred as Gulabi sardi. Rainy weather may be romantic but nothing like cuddling in front of fire in a duvet on a cold winter night. Such was the weather today.

The moon peeked at times through the curtains of clouds,but the stars had taken the night off. Sidharth looked at the sky through the open window in the hallway of hotel. A star close to the moon twinkled for a second, before it again became starless night. He smiled to himself, thinking about the nights after the busy days that he had spent under the sky full of flickering stars. Alongside with his wife, wrapped in his arms, sitting on the swing in their balcony.

They often had their whole day to discuss, along with a cup of hot cuppa. On those blazing nights, when the blowing winds were hot too, they would sit in balcony at nights on the makeshift low sitting area, munching on some fruits or salads and once in a while a bowl of ice cream. Rarely, when they were alone for dinner, they used to sit under the moon and eat, with chilled beer and would later make a canopy bed outside, to watch a movie on their laptop.

He was beaming at those memories. You often don't know while making memories, that you are creating something to cherish for a lifetime. And that, is the beauty of those moments. He walked towards their room, wearing the smile of those memories. He rang the doorbell, definite to lighten her mood, maybe order one or two beers, and sit outside by the pool, cherishing the night. He hid the car keys in his pockets. She'll know it only tomorrow.

Another ring, but she still didn't answer. 'Shehnaaz' he spoke sweetly knocking on the door. She would not be to angry to lock him outside, right? Or...
As he weighed the two options, he kept slowly knocking. The door clicked open after about a minute, but it was still shut. He rubbed his forehead, maybe lightening her mood wasn't going to be as easy as he thought.

He entered the room and closed the door behind him. She had changed into a gown, her clothes were messily on a display on the couch. He scrunched his nose, of course she would do this to irritate him. He shook his head and walked to the couch. She was sitting near the mirror, taking off her makeup. He folded her clothes and neatly put it in her bag. She looked at him through mirror, giving him a look and then a glance at bag, she continued.

"Shehnaaz-" he started but she got up to go to the bathroom, to wash her face and do her night time skin care. It would take her fifteen minutes as always. He sighed and began change into a payjama and t-shirt. He then sat, on his side of bed, reading the messages from the day. Exactly after fifteen minutes she came out and straight went to the other side of bed, and laid with her back towards him. He sat with open mouth, trying to figure out the right moment to speak.