Chapter 3:Shock

Rez

I watched Craig hit the cold ground, and it only took seconds, but it felt like a million years. I dropped on my knees. Everything is gone, it's done. My mother, my sister, and my best friend, in a single day. I didn't cry, that's just what Shoelace wants, for me to suffer, and he isn't going to get his way. I heard Cici scream and she dropped on the floor crying over him, screaming his name over and over. She checked his pulse, she kissed him, she tried everything, not gripping the fact that he's gone. I'm causing so much pain, and they didn't even do anything.

"You killed him" she said looking up at me."You killed him"

"I didn't mean to-"

"You killed him!" she screamed lunging for me.

"Cici, don't touch me" I said.

"What's wrong with you! You're a fucking monster!" she screamed. She cursed at me, she never curses. I just stared at her, I was scared and still in shock.

"I'm calling the police" She said.

"Don't"  She looked at me, her hands were shaking, her eyes, red and puffy. I scarred her for life, and she did nothing wrong. I need to find Shoelace. I slowly got up off the floor and ran out the door as fast as I could. As I was sprinting down the street I could hear Cici screaming behind me.

"I'm gonna kill you Rez! I swear!" she yelled and she sounded dead serious. I was still running, and I didn't know where I was going and I was trying to forget what I was running from. Why wasn't there a place that I couldn't cause harm!

???

I walked through my room door yawning and picked up the mail. I've been living with Scratches and his brother since I was 15, because my parents kicked me out. When Chresanto started drinking,  I came home smelling like beer and they told me get out and never come back, haven't seen my parents since. I regret ever going out with him and I want to leave, but he won't let me.

"Bitch, where have you been?" Chresanto yelled at me.

"Chill out, I woke up late, I haven't been feeling good." I said.

"You wake up when I tell you" he said.

"You don't own me" I gave him a look.

"Bitch, yes I do, now come here."

"No" I shook my head. He got up quickly and came toward me. I was looking through the mail so I didn't see his large hand as it struck me across the face onto the floor. I cried, my nose against the floor.

"Scratch, not again please" I begged through tears.

"This is my house hoe, you live bye my rules!" he yelled straight in my ear, causing me to cringe in fear.

"I'm sorry"

"I'm going to give you something to be sorry about" He picked me up, taking me to his room.

"Put me down, i'm sorry, don't do it, please Chres, i'm sorry!" I screamed through tears.

"Don't call me Chres!" He yelled, tossing me violently on his bed. He crawled on top of me, taking his belt off. After he succeeded, he gripped the belt in his hands and hit me across the face repeatedly as I screamed in pain. He started ripping off my clothes and I looked everywhere, except his eyes, trying to find something to get me out of this. That's when I saw it, the one thing that got me out of this horrible predicament but into a new, and even worse reality; the pocket-knife that sat on his bedside table. I grabbed it and stabbed him in the back repeatedly, as he yelped in pain.