Chapter 2:Mental

Rez

     I woke up with my head against the wall in frustration. What was I going to do? I had just unintentionally killed the two people in this world that cared for me one of them only six and the other gave me life. That curse had ruined my life, and ended those who I loved. I have to find Shoelace. I don't know how he started this but he needs to end it. I don't know who to go to, who to call without causing hurt. But, I had to take a chance. I called Craig on my phone as my hands shook intensely.

"Hello?" he answered tiredly and annoyed. I looked at my watch that read 12:00 pm, lazy negro.

"Where are you?" I asked my voice still groggy.

"I'm with CiCi" he said. No. I don't like CiCi. She's so sweet. It makes me sick. But Cripple loves her so, whatever.

"Can you come over, this is serious?" I said.

"I guess, what's wrong with you?" he asked.

"I'll explain later, just come and don't bring anybody with you under any circumstances," I said.

"Okay?" he hung up the phone.

I lay my head back against the wall. My head was throbbing and aching.

Karma is truly a bitch.

                                                                        Craig

Ci, I got to go" I said hanging up my phone, getting up from the couch. We had been watching every single movie of the karate kid, up to the current one with Jaden Smith.

"Why, don't leave me"  she said reaching her hand out.

"I have to go over to Jacob', i'll be back in an hour" I said.

"Can I come with you?" she said, her hazel eyes pleading. I thought of what Jacob said, don't bring anyone with you under any circumstances. I laughed, it probably isn't that serious. Bet that he needs a condom or something.

"Alright come on." I said reaching my hand out. She grabbed it getting up. We both ran out the door.

Who knew I'd regret such a small decision.

                                                                             Rez

I heard someone knock on the door.

"Come in" I yelled.

"Oh my god" I heard him say. He must've saw my sister sprawled across the floor. He walked in further seeing me against the wall next to my mother's lifeless body.

"What happened man?" he said sympathy in his eyes.

"They're gone." I said. Craig looked at the floor and was about to touch my shoulder, I quickly stood up before.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled at him.  He put his hands up in defense.

"Sorry" he said."Just tell me what happened" he said quietly.

"I-i killed the Craig." I said. Craig looked at me with wide eyes.

"Why!" he yelled. "Why would you do something so stupid!" It's amazing how my best friend seemed to turn into my mother in under ten seconds.

"It wasn't intentional" I said.

"How do you kill someone unintentionally Rez?" he said. I took in a deep breath.

"Everything I touch dies" I said. I saw Craig giving me a crazy look from the side. He didn't believe me. I got up and walked to the windowsill. I took up one of the potted plants that looked the healthiest.

"Look" I said. I touch the tip of the sunflower. The petals started to turn brown and fall off as the center of the plant shriveled up into a little ball. The stem browned and wilted slowly.

Craig looked at me. I don't know if it was a look of interest, disgust, or if he was scared

"What are you gonna do." he said.

"I have no i-" I got cut off by the shrieks of a girl at my door. CiCi.

"Didn't I tell you to stay in the car" Craig yelled.

"What happened Jacob, was there a robbery I'm so sor-" She ran into hug me and I tried to move back, but it was to late she was inches from me. I closed my eyes until I felt a touch. I opened my eyes to see that I wasn't touching CiCi, but I was touching the back of Craig, who jumped to take his life for her.

Two days and three lives already lost.