🍃Cursed🍃

Soon enough, autumn turned to winter and winter turned to spring.

As the months passed and March approached, it was nearing your final year exams, and you began to study a lot more so you had to cut down on your shifts at the coffee shop and training with Gojo. You tended to study late at the library, and sometimes Nanami would pick you up to drive you somewhere new for dinner.

Today, you felt uneasy for some reason. As you worked through your studies, you chalked it up to stress. However, this wasn't the typical exam season stress. This felt slightly different. The uneasiness increased every page turn of your textbook, every sigh you breathed out. You looked up from your desk, and out the window in front of you to watch the rain fall outside. Normally, rain soothed you while you were studying, but today it didn't seem to be working. It felt like you were on edge, and you thought maybe you were catching a cold. You thought it was unseasonal for early March, but so was the downpour outside, so perhaps it was throwing off your immune season.

Lost in contemplation, you were startled when you heard a loud bang behind you. You jumped out of your seat and whirled around, only to see that a textbook had fallen off of the library shelf behind you. Then you felt a sharp pinch in your back, making you wince. You must have turned around too fast.

"I must really be getting sick", You whispered to yourself. You began to get a headache, and decided to pack up for the day since it was already almost dinnertime. You threw your things into your bag and slung it over your shoulder, when you realized that you forgot an umbrella. It was sunny just that morning, so of course you thought you wouldn't need one.

When you got to the street, you decided to power walk to the train station to get out of the rain as fast as possible. As you walked the rain soaked your hair and poured down your back. You were thankful for the plastic file folders that were keeping your notes intact. After a couple of minutes, the headache got worse. You were just looking forward to getting home so you could sleep it off. You trudged on, trying to ignore the fact that you were probably getting a really bad cold.

Nanami had finished work for the day quite late, after having to do overtime on a mission. He was annoyed that the day was longer than usual, and opened his umbrella up as he walked to a local restaurant to get some dinner. Down the road he spotted you, trudging onwards with no umbrella.

Surprised, he called out to you, but you didn't seem to hear him. He decided to pick up the pace to get closer to you, and you looked up and spotted him.

"Oh, hi Nanami-kun..." You smiled weakly, then your knees buckled as a sudden wave of dizziness hit you, and you dropped your bag as you slumped forwards.

Nanami instantly dropped his umbrella and lunged forwards to catch you by your shoulders, leaning down and worriedly asking if you are alright. Your head lulled downwards instead of acknowledging him, and that was when he noticed that something was wrong with your cursed energy.

He called out your name in a sharp and urgent tone, and got no response. He called it out a second time, lifting your head gently to see if you were still conscious. You looked up at him, the rain making his neatly parted hair fall forwards into his eyes, raindrops splattered on his sunglasses and streaming down his defined cheekbones and dripping off his jawline. You could slightly see through his sunglasses as his eyes scanned across your face, looking for a sign that you were okay.

"I think I'm catching a cold..." Your eyes rolled back as you lost consciousness. As Nanami held onto your body, he knew what was wrong and jumped into action. He hugged your torso against his with one arm as he pulled his phone out of his pocket, and called Gojo.

"What is the keycode to your apartment." He asked tersely.

"Oh Nanami-kun, I didn't know you wanted to go so fast," Gojo responded jokingly, not knowing that Nanami's tone was stern because something bad had happened.