🍁Traumerei🍁

~~~

When Gojo returned it was now evening, and he struggled through the front door with all of the designer shopping bags he was carrying. For some reason, he had always wanted to shop for women's clothing, so he took this as his chance to go all-out.

However, when he arrived back at the apartment, he found you fast asleep in the bed where he had last seen you. You were still wearing Gojo's clothing that seemed to swallow up your tiny form. Gojo set down his multitude of bags as quietly as he could before he crept around to move you under the covers of the bed. He carefully picked you up with one hand as he adjusted the covers with the other, a testament to his human strength.  When you were finally situated, he crept out of the room and turned the lights off.

He stole one glance back at the room, and the pile of bags which were nearly completely blocking the doorway. As he slowly pushed the door shut, he thought he might go shopping again tomorrow.

~~~

When the morning light finally brought you out of your deep sleep, you sat up quickly as you blinked your eyes to adjust to the brightness of the unfamiliar bedroom. Outside the window, the sky was a rushing blue with not a cloud in sight. For a second, the sky looked like the turquoise sea from the ocean realm. Your head felt dizzy and the gravity of the world felt too strong, as if it was forcing you back down into bed. Your lungs quaked as you tried to inhale, the rushing blood that pumped through your brain throwing stars into your vision. You leaned forwards and squeezed your eyes tight, trying to recover from the dizziness.

Images of Suguru and Nanami in the ocean realm spun in circles behind your eyes, and you didn't know whether your dizziness was from sitting up too fast or if it was from suddenly receding from the ocean realm.

Recently you were always shocked awake, with something in the real world tearing you out of the Ocean Realm and forcing you back into reality. The process was always disorienting, but today it seemed worse. Perhaps you had spent much longer in the realm than usual.

You pushed those thoughts out of your mind as the dizziness finally faded and you realized you could smell something sweet coming from the other room. You could sense that Satoru was in the kitchen, so you slid out of the bed and tip-toed across the hardwood floor. When you saw Satoru standing in front of the stove in a Rilakkuma apron, flipping pancakes, you instantly began to salivate. You fell asleep last night before Satoru could make anything for you to eat, and you hadn't had a proper meal from your diet of vending machine food, so you became ravenous at the sight of Satoru's famous pancakes.

"Good morning, my fantastic student!" Gojo seemed to be in an incredibly cheerful mood. "I made pancakes, they're almost ready!"

"I can see..." You responded, staring at two giant stacks of pancakes that had been piled up onto plates next to the stove.

Gojo flipped the final pancake onto the stack, and turned off the stove. He grabbed both plates and walked them over to the kitchen table before heading back to grab a giant bottle of maple syrup and a carton of juice.

"Do you want apple juice?" Gojo asked, and you simply nodded. You followed him to the table as he sat down and poured two glasses of juice.

"Alright, eat up!" Gojo smiled his typical smile, but inside he was desperate to cheer you up. He wanted to see you smile and laugh again, even to make fun of him. He wanted to see you full of life.

"Thanks." You began to eat, and the taste immediately brought you back to when you were still in college. It was the morning after you were cursed, when Gojo made pancakes for you and Nanami. You remember talking and laughing as you filled yourselves to the brim with the sweet fluffy cakes, and you looked to your left where a chair sat empty. You paused eating, staring downwards as you missed Nanami so desperately.