🍁Recovery🍁

"Are you sure? Y/N can be quite dramatic you know." Gojo was on the phone to Ichiji. He was lounging in the staff room, his feet up on his desk and a can of soda in the other hand. He had been on the phone with Ichiji for almost 10 minutes, joking around and laughing when Ichiji was trying to get him to take things seriously.

"I'm serious! The curse here is too powerful for two grade-1 sorcerers." Ichiji pleaded. "Please come quickly, the energy here is... different."

"Yeah? That's a special grade curse for ya." Gojo took another sip of his soda.

"No, I think it could be that type of curse that Y/N is incompatible with." Ichiji added.

"What, tainted curse?" Gojo asked. "She'll be fine. She's defeated curses like that before, and still had the energy to stitch Nanami up, and do who knows what else at the end of it." Gojo let out a chuckle at his suggestive remark.

Ichiji let out an exasperated sigh. He'd had enough of Gojo's antics. "Please, she specifically called for you. She could get injured, or worse."

"Yeah? But she's almost on the level of a special grade now. I'd say someday soon she'll be at my level. She'll be fine." Gojo hung up the phone, setting it down on the table. His break would be over soon, and he needed to go teach the second years in a couple minutes.

As he lifted the can of soda to his lips, he felt cursed energy ripple through the air from several kilometers away. It was tainted energy, and special grade. He felt your signature cursed energy with it, but it was a lot of your cursed energy. Too much of your cursed energy.

The soda can seemed to fall out of thin air, hitting the floor of the empty staff room with a clunk. The sweet liquid poured over the white tiles, Gojo being long gone.

He teleported to the origin of the break, where the barrier had once stood. In the distance he spotted you, except you looked strange. Half of your body was dark, and you were hunched over with lopsided posture. He flew through the air towards you, stopping only meters away to take in the horror that you had become.

Satoru gasped as he saw your manic eyes, and heard your wheezing laugh. You appeared monstrous, as bad as a curse itself. He was bewildered as to how you were still standing. You looked up to meet his eyes, and turned your head to the side as if you were analyzing him.

"Y/N!" Gojo exclaimed, stepping closer to you. "Are you alright?"

"Who... are you?" You rasped, your voice unrecognizable. Gojo felt his heart sink into his stomach at those words. There was something very wrong at that moment.

"Y/N!" Gojo exclaimed. "It's me, Satoru!" His eyes grew wide with desperation. He took off his blindfold, leaving it hanging around his neck as he stared at you with his eyes. "See? It's me!"

You turned your head to the side, staring at him with wide eyes. The whites of your right eye were stained black and green from the tainted cursed energy. Your vision was unsteady, and you had no memory of the wavering image of the man in front of you.

Gojo watched in horror as you leaped forward aggressively, swinging your arm back to attack him. He swiftly activated his infinity as he held you up by your throat, hurting inside as he let you kick and flail in his grasp. You were getting weak, the tainted cursed energy taking a huge toll on your body and mind.

"Please, remember me!" Gojo pleaded, "Come back, Y/N! I'm begging you!" Tears pricked at the corners of his eyes as he watched your wrecked body struggle, feral growls escaping from your mouth.

Gojo continued to plead with you, to no avail. You continued to writhe in his grasp, unable to absorb cursed energy to fortify your waning strength.