10 - Arguements

Levy's POV

I sighed as Gajeel attempted to make coffee.

"You're a gang leader and you don't know how to make coffee?"

"Shut up," he wailed, trying not to show how annoyed he was. "I'm trying to be nice."

"That's a surprise."

I should probably mention that after Rogue left, Gajeel decided to yell at me for talking to Rogue and keeping the subject a secret from him. If I told him what we were talking about, then he'd not talk to me again, so I kept quiet.

As a result of that, he decided to yell even more at me. Then he 'accidentally' ripped out the last page of the book which I was currently reading.

I gave him hell.

"I'm sorry Levy!"

"You should be."

It did surprise me, the way he was acting I mean. Usually he'd just say "I can make you disappear so shut it," or "I've got the money to buy you a new one." But he was being too nice...

"What day is it today?" I asked him.

"Sunday."

"Are you normally nice on Sundays?"

He didn't say anything and just placed the mug on the table. It smelled awful and Gajeel obviously knew this because he wrinkled his nose as left the kitchen.

"What is up with him today? Is it because I yelled at him...?" Wondering aloud, I took a biscuit from the secret stash I'd hidden from Gajeel and chomped on it.

"Levy?" Juvia entered the room and pointed to the front door. "Your friend Lucy is here."

"Hm? Why today?"

"She said that she had something to tell you. Shall I let her in?"

I nodded and Juvia ran to the door to welcome Lucy in. Lucy ran towards me and tackled me with a hug.

"Woah! What's happened?"

"H-He's gone..." She whimpered.

"Who's gone?"

"P-Papa..."

I gasped. Lucy's dad was a rich business tycoon who tried to force Lucy into a marriage with his business partner. Obviously Lucy fought back, and she left her dad on bad terms. Apparently he tried to contact her once, but after she yelled at his assistant who called for him, he just gave up.

Now he was dead.

"I'm here Lucy, Don't cry, hey..." I hugged her back and patted her back. "Do you want some hot cocoa?"

"Mmm hmm." She croaked.

We made our way to the living room and I asked Juvia to make the hot drinks for us. She agreed and left to go to the kitchen.

"His... H-heart..." Lucy tried to speak, but she kept bursting into tears. "I can't Levy..."

"Hey, life goes on. I'm here for you." I tried my best to comfort my best friend as she continued to cry into a pillow. Juvia brought the hot cocoa in and placed them on the coffee table in front of us. It had whipped cream and marshmallows which looked like bunnies. When Lucy saw this she let out a giggle and took one off of her drink.

She continued to cry for about thirty minutes before she finally calmed down enough to tell me what had happened. Her father had died during the night, she said that his assistant found him dead in the morning. He had left a will and Lucy was meant to go to her old house to find out what her father had left her.