8. Sick Day

Gajeel's POV

I woke up with one foot in bed, and the rest of my body on the floor. The uncomfortable position proved to be bad for my back and getting up was a problem.

"Ugh," I moaned as I stood up and stretched out my arms. "What time is it?"

The clock on the wall read six fifty in the morning. I'd woken up later than usual. Trudging along, I made my way to my walk in wardrobe and selected a suit to wear for the day. It was no different from any of my other suits, but this one had a secret pocket which I always kept a pack of cigars in.

I don't smoke, but you need to look the part don't ya?

Juvia was meant to be better so I decided to visit her before I left for work. She was in her room, fully dressed in a feminine suit. She had tied her hair back into a high ponytail and was fixing it into place when I entered her room.

"Redfox sir, good to see you."

"Glad to see you're feeling better Juvia. You don't need to return to work fully though,"

"Juvia does though Gajeel," Juvia smiled. "Juvia thanks Gajeel for all of the help he's given her, but this time Juvia wants to give back."

"T-This isn't like you..."

"Juvia thought that Gajeel would want to take care of his wife who was throwing up in the early hours of this morning."

What?! Levy was sick? "Why was she sick?" I asked, unaware of the slight panic in my voice.

Juvia raised an eyebrow.

"No Juvia, we're not even married."

"That didn't stop Gajeel before."

"Stop."

"Juvia suspects that Levy has eaten something bad. Perhaps the meal you took her out to last night?"

"The sushi place? Doesn't really surprise me." I said, scratching the back of my head. "I'll get PantherLily to look out for her."

"Juvia doesn't think that Lily would be able to look after Levy today."

"Why not?"

"Juvia has asked PantherLily to help her cover your work."

I sighed, I knew Juvia wasn't going to let me work in order for me to look after a sick Levy. "Fine, don't overwork yourself."

"Juvia won't." We left her room and parted ways as she headed towards the front entrance and I walked back to my room. If I wasn't going to work, then there was no point in staying in a suit all day, however I was too lazy to actually change my clothes. So instead I took off my blazer and tie, then after undoing my top button of my shirt, I made my way to the kitchen.

"Good morning Sir Redfox." Multiple maids and butlers bowed their heads as I passed. I merely walked past them and nodded.

When I got to the kitchen I was greeted by a shocked group of kitchen staff who were all sat down relaxing.

"S-Sir Redfox!"

"Sorry Sir, we'll get to work right away!"

"It was Nanami's fault!"

"Excuse me?!"

"No it wasn't Sir! It was Kazuma's!"

"It was Aoi's!"

"Will you three shut up and get to work? The boss is here so we need to work!" One of the older men whacked the three younger employees on their heads. They let out a groan and slumped their way over to the oven.