t w e n t y

The soft sound of the crashing waves soothed the mind of the girl whose thoughts were running to places she never wanted to go to

The soft sound of the crashing waves soothed the mind of the girl whose thoughts were running to places she never wanted to go to. It has been bothering her lately, her dreams.

Nobody knew about this, but her recent sleeps didn't quite help with the tiresome days she'd gone through. Saeron has been receiving nightmares. What made it worse- it reflected  her past.

The man she hated the most, appeared on the most of it and it feared her to death. If it was anything, Kang Sejoon would be the one to blame.

Yes, they divorced not long after the fight. Taehee's close friend, who's been with her since high school, appeared to be a jury and helped with the situation.

Sejoon got arrested and was sent to prison. That's the last time they've seen each other, and never had she wish to meet him ever again. He is her trauma, though she's gradually coming out of it. But the visions that'd arisen through her rests bothered her extensively- recalling the agonizing pain.

Saeron sat on the slanted sides by the river, pulling her knees to her chest then rested her cheeks in between them. Her arms wrapped around her legs as she let out a rather shaky exhale.

"I don't want this. Why me?" she softly mumbled to herself while she gazed upon the beautiful dark sky above her. The girl stayed silent and all she heard were crickets along with the blissful wind. A tear ran down her cheek and she quickly wiped it off with her sleeves that encircled her palms.

Another low breath escaped her slightly parted lips, hands playing with the water that just brushed by the edge of her feet.

"Are you trying to get kidnapped again?" a deep voice made her jolt. Saeron snapped her head to look behind her, her palms went to hold her chest in utter shock. Coming up to see him, her breath loosened and wiped her stained cheeks. She stumbled on her feet to be greeted by his figure towering over hers

"What- what are you doing here?" she stuttered. Jisung gave her a look, "I went to buy something." The girl stood in silence then turned her gaze to the river in front of her.

A sigh escaped his lips then handed her a pack of tissues he'd bought earlier in the store. Saeron was baffled, staring at it before slowly taking it. She wiped the remaining tears that'd flown down her smooth cheek. "Thank you," she murmured, slightly scrunching the bundle in between her palms.

"It's cold, " he simply noted. Saeron looked at her feet and nodded. The reasons were unknown to Jisung, but he could immediately tell that something was up- just by her response. The both of them stayed silent until Saeron chose to break it.

"How'd you know I was here?" she shivered through her words as the cold brushed by her figure. He skimmed his fingers through his messy hair then shrugged. It was quite damp from the shower he had before. The street lights illuminated his skin as it shone perfectly on top of him. "Doesn't matter, " he urged.

It was 11 pm when Jisung his late-night craves started to kick in. His cupboard had run out of cup noodles, so he had no choice than to go buy a few more.

His initials were cut short when he trekked by the side of the streaming waters that night. A familiar figure came to his sight, who curled herself amidst the darkness. Jisung recognized her instantly by the long silky-smooth hair, her small figure, even without catching a glimpse of her face.

Guess that fiasco didn't compel her to learn. He thought in disbelief. But the boy didn't take it seriously, assuming it was her way to release her stress. He shoved his hands in his pockets and was about to proceed with his walk until a sniffle made its way out of her trembling lips.

Jisung halted on his steps and took a second glance, and he could clearly see that she was crying her chest started to heave up and down, and her sleeve-covered palms that were mopping away the tears.

Luckily, a minimart was close by so he stopped by and came out with a bag full of ramen- along with the tissues.

"You should get going, it's late, " Saeron cooed which caused Jisung to furrow his brows. "Oh so you're the tough one now?" he playfully mocked, still keeping his demeanor on surface. Saeron scoffed at his reply, "Alright then, suit yourself." With that, she crouched back down, ignoring his presence.

A part of him wanted to know what's wrong but he didn't know how to ask. He could sense the anguish that radiated off of her, considering how bright and bubbly she usually was. Jisung kept his stare on her as she gazed upon the waters. The little strands of hair that'd cover her face fluttered by the wind, uncovering her stained cheeks.

Aish fuck it.

Jisung slowly crouched beside her and setting his usual behavior aside. She's hurt, at least he could comfort her, right? "Everything good?" he awkwardly asked and Saeron hummed. "Yeah, just nightmares, " she quivered, rubbing her upper arms for warmth.

Jisung noticed when his eyes caught her actions. Saeron suddenly felt the warmth she seeked looming around her petite body. She turned to see a jacket already wrapped over her. Jisung's to be exact.

"Dude it's cold, you shouldn't-" Saeron said in a blitz but was interrupted by Jisung who reached up his index finger to her lips. "Shut up and wear it," he demanded, making the shorter one to purse her lips into a line then he released his finger back down. She mouthed a 'thank you' then went quiet again. But the plastic bag he was carrying stole her attention.

"What did you buy?"
"Ramen."
"Ramen?!"
"Mhm"
"Can I have some? I'm starving"
"No, get them yourself."
"I don't have moneyy"

She pouted with sparkling eyes, making Jisung hitch on his breath. He displayed a disgusted face, but deep inside, the unknown sensation tickled his insides. Her nagging didn't end so he shoved her a cup of his favorite meal.

"Geez okay I'll give you some, just stop doing that, " Jisung repelled and her face brightened instantly. "Really? Thank you!" she accepted with a gleaming smile on her face. Jisung had unintentionally found it cute which made him smile a little, but hid it quickly so she wouldn't see it.

"You look good when you smile, " she teased which flustered him. He scoffed, "You're saying that just because I gave you a cup."

"Maybe"
"Right."
"No seriously tho you should smile more."
"Sure thanks."

Her laughed made its way to his ears. Little did he know, he made her day with such simple actions.

"Thanks Ji, " she suddenly confessed. Jisung was once again taken aback by her sudden comment. "Hm? For what?" he asked back in confusion. She cracked a genuine smile as she looked at him with gratitude. "For making me feel better."

ah young love~my ass could never

ah young love~
my ass could never