01 | Smallville

╔══════════════╗
SPACES
i. Smallville 
╚══════════════╝

LIFE something that some take for granted at such an early age, is something more meaningful than anyone could have ever thought

LIFE something that some take for granted at such an early age, is something more meaningful than anyone could have ever thought. But when we look deeper inside ourselves anyone can have the ability to see it more and more no matter if you're not gifted the abilities that others have. At first not everyone can understand the meaning, since it’s never so simple, not even the tiniest of babies, to the strongest of men. To the person from another planet, to a person who has been genetically experimented on.

When we continue to look down, it takes time for us to use our mind to see through the emotions that our lives throw at us to figure out that it’s just not that bad on the third planet; Earth. The place where we thrive on adaptation and beating the last generation, where we are always changing how we thrive in the world. Even when we fear death, it’s never the end. Death is just another step into another life, and yes it can be scary, but that is never the end. We claim it is, but once we truly open our eyes, when we truly see what is important over what is not we find things in the spaces that our society has created for us, that where our thoughts have overlapped our sense...no they overlap the memories and the love that happens in friendship and family. 

But sometimes life is overshadowed by spaces caused by secrets. Including when it comes to the fourteen year old, light browned haired, Hannah Adam. A girl who has invested her life in her knowledge of science, ever since the death of her father. And since she was young, she has very little memories of who her mother was, as the mother she knew until she died from cancer just seemed different. But when she turned five she lost her father after he disappeared. And after her mother’s death, her older sister Margaret “Peggy” Adams took her in after graduate school. 

And after moving to Metropolis, the two sisters lived in a two bedroom apartment, as her sister got a job as a reporter at the famous Daily Planet. Home to Lois Lane, one of the most known Reporters later on in her time. But everything seemed to go well for Hannah as she had friends who she could trust, and a life that she thought she would go on to in highschool when it came to cheerleading. But what she wouldn’t know was what would happen only two years later. 

Two months ago...when Peggy walked into work, like some other days recently people were being laid off by Morgan Edge. But she would have never expected what would have happened that day, when she got called in the office, reminded her of the same pain she had the day she learned her father wasn’t anywhere to be found; that he wasn’t coming home again. The feeling that she lost. Hearing the few words she knew that what happened would change her, and her younger sister's life forever. 

“Ms.Adam was sorry but we have to lay you off.” Faswell said as she shook her head knowing that this was due to Morgan Edge, and that he didn’t need anyone else to pay in his company. Making the good truthful reporters, the one who care about the people to be fired. She just shook her head and walked out of her office to her desk, knowing that she would never type on her computer keys again after going out in Metropolis reporting. Never hearing the sound of trouble brewing up, but Superman saving the day, but never seeing the faces she saw everyday she walked into work.