02 | Heritage

╔══════════════╗
SPACES
ii. Heritage
╚══════════════╝

Heritage is a thing that is by blood and is a word that means destiny by blood

Heritage is a thing that is by blood and is a word that means destiny by blood. When looking inside someone you can see features of their heritage. And for years some of us question if our heritage comes from our blood family or our family that adopted us, or even fostered us. But when heritage is full of lies by far it will cause problems between family, family vs. family. Person vs person. But what defines our heritage is what makes us who we are. 

Waking up Hannah turns to see her clothes still with the same ashes on her body, as she wished in her mind that she could have had everything that happened the night before be a dream. For it all not to be real and that going to school with the thought of having powers and being lied to...to get to her. She knew it would. But she knew that she had to act like everything was alright, even if it wasn’t. Even if it never would return to the same old way. Like her sister hoped, but with heritage comes change. And with change comes a new person, stronger than the one before, learning from their mistakes to become the person they are today. 

Looking at her now shaking hands, it reminded her that she had been lied to and that what happened last night wasn’t ever going to go away. And that she needed to learn more about who she was...without the help of her sister. The one who decided lying to her was easier than telling her the truth...no matter how hurtful. The lie always hurts more than the truth, including when she has this thing that makes her more different than she was before, not only is she a half-alien from a distant planet and people, but she is also a metahuman. Which in this world, a teenage metahuman has to go somewhere special for people like her. And that’s the last thing that Hannah wants to ever go to.

Heading downstairs she smelled the room and the food that was being cooked, and deep down the young woman knew what her older backstabbing half-sister was doing. Trying to talk to her, and use food to break the ice, or check the wood slab that stands between them. But after the shower and after changing, that was the last thing the girl wanted. Was to have to see the person who she cared for the most, and know that for the past seven plus years she was lying to her, and called her dreams just illusions that the mind is tricking you, when she felt something was off. About the whole idea of Margret’s mother, Angela who even died years ago. Leaving her with Margaret’s adopted father, and no mother, or father. 

Before Margaret could even try to go out and speak to her sister, she watched as Hannah threw her backpack on and she grabbed some of her notebooks and headed out earlier just so she could go to school. Running outside Margaret tried to tell her a few words, “I’ll pick you up after school.” She said yelling as loud as her graspy raw voice could project. 

“No thanks, I don’t need anymore lies anyways. I’ll find a way back later.” Hannah yelled with pure-numb, and anger mixed in the tone. One of which she never thought she would hear from her younger sister, but then again she knew that she deserved it.