『C H A P T E R 4』

༻✦༺ ༻✧༺༻✦༺༻✦༺
.
.
.

"Uhh, who are you?" I said. The girl has brown hair and hazel eyes.
"Seriously Tyler, can't you recognize me?" she said to me shaking her head.
"You always wear a mask so I don't quite know what you look like, that's the reason I can't recognize you. Should we go now? It's starting to get dark." I said because I know dad will get mad.
"Hold it there kids!" A voice behind us said. It's the voice of my mom.
"Tyler who is she?" My mom asked. Now I'm pretty sure that she'll think of Carol as my 'girlfriend'.
"Oh uh...mom this is Carol. She's the girl that I told you yesterday." I said so that mom doesn't get the wrong idea.
"I don't think she's your friend. I think she's your girlfriend." my mom said looking at us.
Carol and I blushed at what my mom said.
"MOM! Why do you have to say that?!" I said feeling a bit mad at my her.
"Just supporting my son and his girl." mom said giggling.
"Let's just go home." I said, wanting this conversation come to an end.
We went in to mom's car and hopped inside. When we reached home dad was grinning at me. Oh no, not dad too, I thought. Why can't I make friends without mom and dad thinking that we're more than friends?
"Who is she Tyler?" my dad asked curiously while looking at Carol. "Mabel, is this the girl that Tyler said that stood up for him?"
"Yea it's her." mom said, while she was organizing her papers on the table.
"So Carol, what are you going to do with my son today?"
"Oh. The principal said that I should make a poster about the homecoming next month. Tyler offered to help me with it." Carol said smiling at the end. She gripped my jacket and looked at me in my eyes and said, "Right Ty-ty?"
My mom and dad were both startled at first. After that, they laughed.
"You allowed her to give you a nickname? Not gonna lie, but it's cute. And the way you reacted. It's just adorable!" my mom said looking at me while she was laughing.
"I should've recorded that moment"
"What's the problem with that?" I said to my parents and turned to Carol.
"I told you not to call me that." she's now holding the sleeve of my jacket.
"Oh come on. I like it" she said, she slid her hand down and held my hand. She looked at me and held my chin and moved her head closer.
"I-I Umm-" I don't want to know what'll happen next. I was blushing hard. She let me go and laughed.
"You really are cute when you're flustered." Carol said still laughing. She looked at me and smiled.
My parents were also startled at what she did. They stood there like statues.
"Let's just work on the poster."
I didn't notice we were still holding hands so I just brought her to my bedroom to get started on the poster.
While working on the poster, she gave a lot of ideas and she's really cheerful. When I accidentally gave her the wrong color, she screamed at me.
My bad.
After an hour or so, we finished the poster. After putting away our things we talked about the things that happened at school. It feels good to have someone to talk to. A little after dark Carol went home, dad agreed to drive her home. When dad came home, he was grinning at me again. I wonder what happened now.