8 :: This Dream Isn't Feeling Sweet

A/N

Hello! This is a pretty important author's note so I suggest you read it. I'm having an incredibly tough time passing my classes at the moment and AP exams are fast approaching, which means updates from here on out will be slow. I'm still not adhering to a schedule and I'm posting when I can, which will probably be once or twice a week depending on my work load.

Do not worry, I'm not abandoning this story. I love it too much to do that. All I'm asking for is some patience as I try to pass for this quarter and study for my upcoming exams.

ALSO, HAPPY 50 PAGES! This chapter marks the first 50 pages in my story!

For this chapter, I listened to YKWIM? By Yot Club since I feel it encapsulates the feel of the chapter in my head. Feel free to listen to them while you read. Enjoy!

–––

"What is this place?" You inquired with slightly squinted eyes, which made passing eye contact with Armin as he held the door of the coffee shop open for you. You had been to a few coffee shops around your bubbled college town here and there, but you had never seen or heard of this location. It seemed so elegant and warm on the exterior; housing the same feel as an old bookshop.

As you placed one foot in front of the other, entering through the doorway to the coffee shop, the scent of freshly brewed coffee and strawberry scones tickled your nose. It was such a beautiful scent; so comforting and warm, like the oat milk coffee and strawberry biscottis your older sister used to make you behind your mother's back.

The sight of thin, yellow string lights paired with numerous small polaroid photos lined the warm chestnut wooden walls evoked warmth within your chest. The only sources of light besides the gray illumination melting from the sky were the string lights and dim, bare, brass light bulbs hanging from the ceiling. The scene was rustic and unfathomably solicitous, and the slow hum of soft jazz music in the speakers sucked you in.

There was already a small line formed up behind the order counter, and as you stepped to wait in line with your hands dug into the pockets of your jeans, Armin followed suit right behind you.

"It's nice here. It's quiet and removed even though you're still in public." Armin said as the kindling blue hue of his eyes glided gently over the scenery.

You watched as he senselessly peered off with his hands also dug into the pockets of his deep wash jeans. You hadn't noticed before, but he used rainwater that collected in his hair to slick it out of his face; the grown out pieces of his fashionable undercut tucked behind his ears.

"I'm sorry I made you sleep with me." You said as your eyes continue to linger on the soft, rounded feature of his nose. Such a unique feature. You thought. However, at your wording, your eyes immediately snapped straight up to his as your pupils grew miniscule. You ejected your hands from the pockets of your jeans and held them up and in front of your chest defensively.

"Not like that! I mean, you know what I mean since you were there. I'm just clarifying I didn't mean sex. Wait, we didn't have sex did we? Did we have sex and I don't remember?" Your voice traveled a mile a minute and had begun to raise in volume unbeknownst to you. It seemed with every word that slipped through the crevice of your lips, you had found a way to be a complete embarrassment.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. He's going to think I want to have sex with him because I'm freaking out about the idea of having sex with him. Has he even had sex? He doesn't look like he has sex. Wait, what the fuck am I talking about? That's so fucking weird, what the fuck? Your head raced as you maintained prolonged eye contact with Armin whilst your spine was riddled with a timorous chill.