Chapter 11- Captain

Ten Years Ago 

Rosalyn 

I wrapped a towel around my body tightly, and my teeth were chattering from the cold. My hair was plastered against my skin, and droplets of water were still running over my body. 

Asshole!

Monster!

A piece of dirt!

Waste! Waste! Waste!

I wanted to cry out badly! No one had ever tried to do such a thing to me. He threw me into the swimming pool! How dare he!

“Rosa, are you okay?” Tim’s concerned voice said.

I chewed the inside of my cheek and could not find a word to reply to him. Because I was not sure whether I was okay or not! I was feeling so much rage, so fucking much rage! I wanted to kill that fucker! What does he think of himself? He is not a king or a president as far as I remember. And those bitches Ava and Sarah I will also kill them!

“Rosalyn!” Tim spoke in frustration. “Are you going to answer me or keep watching yourself like this in the mirror?”

“I’m fine. Thank you, Tim,” I said and met his eyes through the mirror. “Do me a favor. Please don’t tell my brother anything.”

“Are you being serious?” He growled and came closer to me and grabbed me by my shoulder, turning me around. “You should tell your brother everything. It’s important. He is your only guardian right at this moment. What would happen to you if I wasn’t on time?”

I shivered in fear when images of water flashed through my mind. I would have died in the water if Tim hadn’t arrived on time. He saved me.

“I don’t know, Tim. What would happen to me if you weren’t for me?” I sighed, lowering my gaze. “I want my revenge!” I said, “I’m going to take my revenge!”

“Rosa!” Tim exclaimed, surprised. “Are you fucking crazy?”

I shook his hands off my shoulder. “I’m damn serious, Tim!” I said and dashed into the room to change my clothes.

“Rosa!” Tim followed me, but I slammed the door in his face. “I need to change, Tim!”

“I’m sorry...” I heard him mumbling.

I quickly slipped into a pink top and a pair of denim.

“You’ll have to stop messing with Travis, Rosa,” Tim said, his voice worried.

“I won’t leave him alone until I get my revenge!” I gritted as fresh anger shot through me.

Travis Lizardo! I hate this name!

*********

I pressed my book against my chest, walking down the hallway. All students were rushing to the gymnasium for the match. The basketball match was about to start. It was the game against a neighboring town’s school, Stamford High. And what’s so interesting, the team’s captain was Travis Lizardo. I’m going to spoil his game. I should be ashamed of spoiling our school team’s game, but I had no other choice. He left me with no choice.

I headed to the boy’s changing room and quietly opened the door and tiptoed into the room; I looked around in case I ran into somebody else. But everything seemed perfect according to my plan. No one was in there. My way was crystal clear as crystal. I smiled and approached the bench where a few kits had been placed. I needed to find Travis’s basketball uniform.